Soundbars

bigrich55

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Where next for soundbars ... just been checking a few out and like the B&W although no HDMI input is a weakness, so I guess Yamaha is still in pole position especially with its latest offerings ... can't be long before B&W add HDMI can it .... are there rumours of an impending launch? Unlike them to miss a trick.

I am sensing that this market is about to take off as the big speaker manufacturers are starting to get interested ...

BigRich

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Two works colleagues have bought twice, after a few months and after hearing proper surround they are both about to purchase multispeaker systems. Do not make the same mistake...

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
bigrich55:

Where next for soundbars ... just been checking a few out and like the B&W although no HDMI input is a weakness, so I guess Yamaha is still in pole position especially with its latest offerings ... can't be long before B&W add HDMI can it .... are there rumours of an impending launch? Unlike them to miss a trick.

I am sensing that this market is about to take off as the big speaker manufacturers are starting to get interested ...

BigRich

I've got a Yamaha soundbar in my kitchen (because it's an odd shape) and it's brilliant. You do get a real sense of surround, but it's not a patch on proper 5.1.

bigrich55

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Agree .... my thought was more about the way the market seemed to be gaining interest from the serious speaker players. That said we are struggling to see how we can plumb in proper 5.1 into our space and likely to have to compromise. Choice may be limited to a bar or 3.1 (centre, two sides and a sub) as issues with wiring and space and can't see way to get in the rears. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

A

Anonymous

i was considering a yammy soundbar , but i knew id regret not getting a proper 5.1 setup , so i went for the ma br5 av package , and a yamaha amp , and a nad amp , and a cd player , and im cleaned out
emotion-10.gif
, but it was worth it
emotion-2.gif

O

orton0140

@bigrich55 ,Having a sound system[/b] that uses Bluetooth means you made it in life.#[font="ProximaNova-Semibold, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]yamaha [/font]new SRT-1000 is a true 5.1 channel system[/b] that lets you enjoy powerful surround sound from a single unit.

Lugg22

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
What about a 5.1 system with wireless rear speakers? I have the same problem and am looking at the sony BDV-N5200W. Get's good reviews on this site and relatively cheap (definitely compared to the yamaha soundbar).

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I think many people are going for the Soundbase over the bar, due to their size and how they sit under the screen. For wall mounted screens then clearly a soundbar is the way to go but so far as 5.1 or 7.1 many consumers do not want wires and the hassle of additional equipment. Those who enjoy films will go the whoel way but for those who watch everything from cartoons and documentaries through to sport and teh odd film I still see the growth area to be sound bases.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts