So Happy my Dream System is coming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RLCCM

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
May I ask what store you went to for your kit? I'm also near Geneva, but have only found Digistore and Hifi Portier to be of any use. Do you know any other interesting hifi shops i relatively easy driving distance?

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
RLCCM said:
May I ask what store you went to for your kit? I'm also near Geneva, but have only found Digistore and Hifi Portier to be of any use. Do you know any other interesting hifi shops i relatively easy driving distance?

I went with Digistore, Christophe was great listened to a lot of combinations before choosing this one. It was more than I was willing to pay, so asked him for a discount and he gave a good price. I told him it was still a bit too much and told him if he could do it for the number I wrote down I would pay cash there and then he made some calls and said he could do it. Deal done.

They delivered and set up for free and it was a very good service and the manager then made another call to the house to check I was happy and was there anything else he could do.

Good Luck

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
hifikrazy said:
Can't stop myself from saying something about the TV in the middle of such lovely speakers which I'm sure is not doing any favours for creating precise and stable imaging. My friend had the same problem and is thrilled recently after placing one of these tiny "sugar cubes" on the bottom corner of his TV screen which took his system up another level. At the risk of being branded a nutcase, I recommend you exploring these.

http://www.francktchang.com/sugarcubes.html

Surely you need 2 to balance the sound?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Leehallam said:
I went with Digistore, Christophe was great listened to a lot of combinations before choosing this one.

If you don't mind me asking......what else did you try?

I'm always interested in seeing how someone else has arrived at their system.

:cheers:

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Leehallam said:
I went with Digistore, Christophe was great listened to a lot of combinations before choosing this one.

If you don't mind me asking......what else did you try?

I'm always interested in seeing how someone else has arrived at their system.

:cheers:

I listened to the following speakers in all combinations with the amps it was a fun day for me. I also went to a differant shop and listened to Macintosh, but reammy did not like the look (or should I say my wife said you have no hope)

Speakers

B&W 803d, B&W 802D, Focal Utopia Scarla Utophia 111, Triangle Concerto, Kef Referance 205/2.

Pre - Amp

Classe CP800

Classe CP500 (on Offer)

Electrocompliant EC 4.8

Power - Amp

Classe M600 Mono

Classe CA 2300

Electrocompliant NEMO MONO

Electrocompliant AW250R

Anthem Statement P2

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Thank you.....there's some lovely kit in there.

What did you think of the 205/2s, and what did you hear them with........Electrocompaniet?

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I listened to them with the electrocompaniet and the Classe I had dismissed the MONO amps at this point even though they were a little better I could not justify the extra cost at this point in time. I was comparing the 803d with the Kef 205/2 as he had the Kef reduced slighlty at the same price as the 803d. For me the Kef with the Electrocompiant was better than the 803d for my ears and was nearly my choice. I said I would not listen to the 802D as they were 4k Swiss francs more expensive, but could not resist. I ended up getting the 802d for the same price as the KEF and I was so happy with the 802 and the classe pairing and the deal got better as the Classe/B&W's and the Cardas cables were all coming from the same rep so saved some good cash as well as getting what was best for my taste and ears.

:beer:

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I listened to them with the electrocompaniet and the Classe I had dismissed the MONO amps at this point even though they were a little better I could not justify the extra cost at this point in time. I was comparing the 803d with the Kef 205/2 as he had the Kef reduced slighlty at the same price as the 803d. For me the Kef with the Electrocompiant was better than the 803d for my ears and was nearly my choice. I said I would not listen to the 802D as they were 4k Swiss francs more expensive, but could not resist. I ended up getting the 802d for the same price as the KEF and I was so happy with the 802 and the classe pairing and the deal got better as the Classe/B&W's and the Cardas cables were all coming from the same rep so saved some good cash as well as getting what was best for my taste and ears.

:beer:

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Electro / Refs vs Classe / 800 series........NICE!

Glad it was a close(ish) contest (I own 205/2s).

It was close what Amps are you using with the 205/2s did you listen to the Classe and B&W when choosing.

Lee

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Leehallam said:
CnoEvil said:
Electro / Refs vs Classe / 800 series........NICE!

Glad it was a close(ish) contest (I own 205/2s).

It was close what Amps are you using with the 205/2s did you listen to the Classe and B&W when choosing.

Lee

I use a Musical Fidelity AMS35i, which has no right to drive them, but does so beautifully. Here is my system: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/and-finally

I have not heard that combination, but would very much like to.

RLCCM

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Leehallam said:
RLCCM said:

I went with Digistore, Christophe was great listened to a lot of combinations before choosing this one. It was more than I was willing to pay, so asked him for a discount and he gave a good price. I told him it was still a bit too much and told him if he could do it for the number I wrote down I would pay cash there and then he made some calls and said he could do it. Deal done.

They delivered and set up for free and it was a very good service and the manager then made another call to the house to check I was happy and was there anything else he could do.

Good Luck

Clearly I'm not spending enough there then for similar treatment. I Bought a projector at their asking price earlier this year (3400), and was promised a discount on a screen for later. So when I went last week, asked them to add a large theatre screen, AVR, KEF R200c and pair of R300's (another 7000 odd in total) - they offered a measly 250CHF discount. Infact I found it completely insulting, because whilst I was in the shop they said they were running 20% off all speakers that week, which alone is more discount than they offered to me. Eventually I argued with them over the speakers, and got 20% off the Kef's but from supposed rrp, rather than the price they display openly on the website, which they tried to tell me was a special price for me (like I am a complete idiot), thus saving less than 10% on their displayed prices, and so have for the moment cut the AVR and screen off the order (the screen wasn't right, and will wait until january for a new series to come out).

Admittedly, I've been dealing with Loic, who though he seems ok, doesn't appear to be as senior or as knowledgable as Christophe. But still, it was quite an insulting proposition and put me right off the store.

Swiss sales generally can be so utterly infuriating and thoughtless I have to say.

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
RLCCM said:
Leehallam said:
RLCCM said:

Good Luck

Clearly I'm not spending enough there then for similar treatment. I Bought a projector at their asking price earlier this year (3400), and was promised a discount on a screen for later. So when I went last week, asked them to add a large theatre screen, AVR, KEF R200c and pair of R300's (another 7000 odd in total) - they offered a measly 250CHF discount. Infact I found it completely insulting, because whilst I was in the shop they said they were running 20% off all speakers that week, which alone is more discount than they offered to me. Eventually I argued with them over the speakers, and got 20% off the Kef's but from supposed rrp, rather than the price they display openly on the website, which they tried to tell me was a special price for me (like I am a complete idiot), thus saving less than 10% on their displayed prices, and so have for the moment cut the AVR and screen off the order (the screen wasn't right, and will wait until january for a new series to come out).

Admittedly, I've been dealing with Loic, who though he seems ok, doesn't appear to be as senior or as knowledgable as Christophe. But still, it was quite an insulting proposition and put me right off the store.

Swiss sales generally can be so utterly infuriating and thoughtless I have to say.

Wow I had a totally differant experiance, maybe talk to Christophe next time, as I said I could not be happier got around 25% Discount vs the shop prices. I would tell Christophe a guy was writing good things on a Forum and why have you had the opposite experiance he might change his tune when he knows people talk.

Lee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts