Sky input feeds!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on a problem i have at the moment with my Sky service? On saturday and sunday i attempted to watch sky in the lounge ( amstrad hd box) but got 'no satellite signal being recieved' message, everytime i turned the box off/on.After numerous attempts to reset the box with no success, i phoned customer services.

To cut a long story short, my sky box is reading that the input feed 2 signal is blank, and the lock indicator is 'not locked'.Now i can watch sky channels ( thanks to the assistant ) but cant record, as he said that i have a fault with one of the inputs, so basically i am watching down one cable instead of 2.! So the engineer is coming tommorrow ( tuesday) and im wondering what he is going to do. Will the input problem be at the dish end do you think, as ive looked at the back of the box and both inputs seem ok and tightly screwed in?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Possibly a dodgy connection at the LNB on the dish, or could be a power supply problem within the box, meaning the LNB isn't getting power on that feed.

A

Anonymous

What is it with theses LNBs? Having been an on and off customer with sky in the past, they always seem to become faulty. Im just glad that im still under the initial 12 month warrenty period!

A

Anonymous

Pull the power cable, leave the box for 5 minutes then reconnect the power cable let the box reboot.

This will probably fix your problems on a temporary basis.

A

Anonymous

Sorry you're having this problem. I've had approximately 10 engineer call outs in 2 years due to the signal failing (usually on input 2).

The first few times it was due to water getting into the LNB and corroding the cables - nothing seemed to work. Then I had 2 guys out who did a bit more of a thorough exam and found that the original installation was so poor that he has left a length of cable going over my roof unsecured so it blew in the wind and had weared away the shielding on the cable. They replaced the length of cable with (a shoddy) extension.

This eventually failed and the last guy did a complete re-install of the cabling. No problems as yet but not holding out much hope.

I have not had to pay for any of my engineers visits though as I have successfully pointed out the history of the service they provide not being fit-for-purpose. I hope you don't have the same issues!

It's very difficult arguing with the girlfriend about the value of sky+HD when it keeps failing!

Alex

A

Anonymous

Yes Alex, the wifes the same ' do we really need HD?' is what i always get, on usually, if im lucky, once every 2 months or so. They just dont understand do they? I mean if women dont understand the offside rule in football, they definately aint gonna understand terms like 'interlaced' or 'progressive', so i just dont bother now!!

Anyway going back to your experience, i think i may be able to relate to it. My dish is at the rear of my house, and the feed in question is tacked to the wall a little ( 4 clips ) but then travels inbetween the brackets that hold my downpipes to the wall. It is then tacked all the way along the side of the house ( under the carport) but is then threaded again, inbetween the brackets that hold the guttering pipes, and has then been layed over the porch roof ( unsecure ), afterwhich it then travels inbetween the roof line and guttering that i have on the porch, and then tacked along the front wall of the house and into the lounge! Phew!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts