This is really odd

For the last 5-6 years we lost signal on our TV. The only way we can watch TV is via the Sky Box. That's okay as the Sky Box is connected to the Leema via RCAs, so we can watch television in glorious stereo.
Since this evening we've mysteriously got the signal back on the conventional TV.
Just make clear the Sky Box has the dish on the side of the bungalow, while the TVs signal comes from a chuffing big aerial on the roof.
Why has it suddenly started to work with a lovely picture? Is a oddity or witchcraft?

Gray

It is a bit odd.
A few things can suddenly cause loss, but not usually the other way round - assuming it's been bad for some time and you haven't done a retune. Maybe they've boosted transmission power (in my case they removed BBC4 and BBC News, the only 2 HD channels I watched, from Crystal Palace due to the clash with poxy mobile phones).
Been a bit of wind lately, maybe aerial blown back into alignment?
Possible (but unlikely) that there is a loose connection between cable and aerial - you must have checked any flylead / connectors at the set end.
(Needless to say, only alignment is important to a sat dish. Height from the ground has no relevance).

Last edited:
It is a bit odd.
A few things can suddenly cause loss, but not usually the other way round - assuming it's been bad for some time and you haven't done a retune. Maybe they've boosted transmission power (in my case they removed BBC4 and BBC News, the only 2 HD channels I watched, from Crystal Palace due to the clash with poxy mobile phones).
Been a bit of wind lately, maybe aerial blown back into alignment?
Possible (but unlikely) that there is a loose connection between cable and aerial - you must have checked any flylead / connectors at the set end.
(Needless to say, only alignment is important to a sat dish. Height from the ground has no relevance).
It was gale force winds that stopped the signal in the first place but in the last 5-6 years we've had a lot of storms and very strong winds.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts