Two TV's - Two Rooms

pt44

Dec 30, 2022
Visit site
Current setup is a Freeview Box - HDMI splitter - goes to two identical TV's in adjoining rooms. So anything we watch we can see in the other room. Works a treat.

New TV's - because all of the apps, guide etc. is built into the box (looks lovely) it appears there is no way to output that signal from one TV to the other. I've googled a bit and everyone seems to be in agreement, that it can't be done, as the TV has no ability to output its signal.

That seems like madness. Has no TV company ever considered that people might want to watch the same thing on two TV's in two separate rooms? Or is there a magic solution that I'm missing. I could of course continue to use the external Freeview box setup, but then we get no benefit of all the inbuilt apps and Freeview on the new TV's. They would basically be dumb monitors, rather than truly modern TV's.

Current setup is a Freeview Box - HDMI splitter - goes to two identical TV's in adjoining rooms. So anything we watch we can see in the other room. Works a treat.

New TV's - because all of the apps, guide etc. is built into the box (looks lovely) it appears there is no way to output that signal from one TV to the other. I've googled a bit and everyone seems to be in agreement, that it can't be done, as the TV has no ability to output its signal.

That seems like madness. Has no TV company ever considered that people might want to watch the same thing on two TV's in two separate rooms? Or is there a magic solution that I'm missing. I could of course continue to use the external Freeview box setup, but then we get no benefit of all the inbuilt apps and Freeview on the new TV's. They would basically be dumb monitors, rather than truly modern TV's.
It's very rare for people to watch same programme in 2 different rooms in reality. When there isn't much demand, they won't add the functionality. Your only option is an external box.

You could just try to find dumb monitors in the first place rather than splashing out on those new multi app TVs....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts