admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my daughter was recently signed up by Sky,even after she told them she had no direct debit facility,she was told to get a friend to pay with her card,then cancel and pay a paper bill,she did this and plain sailling until she tried to set up a paper bill with Sky,firstly she was told new subscribers were not allowed anything but direct debit accounts,then told,yes we will set it up for you now,surprise,surprise,her Sky was switched off yesterday,so a phone call later to Sky resulted in her being told Only direct debit accounts are accepted,she said that Sky tod her last week they could set up a paper bill for her but to no avail.Is there anything she can do about this?

daveh75

Hentoes said:
my daughter was recently signed up by Sky,even after she told them she had no direct debit facility,she was told to get a friend to pay with her card,then cancel and pay a paper bill,she did this and plain sailling until she tried to set up a paper bill with Sky,firstly she was told new subscribers were not allowed anything but direct debit accounts,then told,yes we will set it up for you now,surprise,surprise,her Sky was switched off yesterday,so a phone call later to Sky resulted in her being told Only direct debit accounts are accepted,she said that Sky tod her last week they could set up a paper bill for her but to no avail.Is there anything she can do about this?

It's pot luck when dealing with Sky CS agents, phone back and if if you get no joy ask for the call to be escalated.

Failing that send an email to Jeremy.Darroch@bskyb.com and one of his minions will be in touch (usually within hours) and sort your issues out...

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I've heard this a few times with these Sky johnnies who sit outside shops or hang around shopping centres. Happened to me about 6 years ago, got told a complete pack of lies basically and spent ages trying to sort out with their CS. The lady was very nice and kept telling me that the salesman wouldn't have said this or that, as if I would make it up! In the end I just cancelled it.

I am not trying to tar them all with the same brush but there is definately an element who will try a trick or two to get your signature.

A

Anonymous

Why doesnt she have a bank account?

When u take up Sky u are entering into a credit agreement, and in the UK that means u have to be over 18 and have a bank account.

A

Anonymous

the sky guy told her to get a freind to pay with her card then cancel and get a paper bill,by the way he called to her door,

A

Anonymous

My Mum has had them call to her door twice and my Grandmother signed up to Sky through a door to door sales rep.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts