SKY Believe In Better (My A@@)

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I got to have this rant because SKY have just annoyed me

Back several months now i decided to call it a day with SKY because i don't watch much TV and neither does my wife and most stuff we watch is on normal TV and we would rent a few films a month and my kids have more than enough stuff on dvd's & Blu rays to watch.

So i phoned up SKY to cancel, and obviously they started to throw deals at me and in the end they offered me to carry on with the full package for half price for 12 months which was less than i was originally paying which would just keep rolling and no contract, so i agreed

Several months later a got a later saying i need to pay extra for the HD channels as i would no longer receive HD channels after 3 months.

Phoned up SKY and the guy on the other end could see that i was offered everything at half price and had no idea why i could no longer receive HD channels, so because i was not still watching much apart from a few films extra i said its time to cancel.

A month or two later i got a letter saying i owe money because i finished my contract early (but i was never in contract) So i contacted SKY again, and once again the guy on the other end of the phone said it must of been an error on SKY's part as he can see no reason for this letter and told me to ignore it.

Roughly another month passed and i received another letter saying i owed money but this time it said that failing to pay would result in passing the dept onto a collection agency

So i phoned up SKY again but this time they said i was in contract and i owed them money.

I'm so annoyed with them, i never really wanted to carry on my TV service in the first place and i only agreed to it because i thought i could just catchup on a few films and i would not get caught up in any contracts but now has cost me

For a company i have never had a problem with i now have such bitterness against them , thats one company i'm happy to stay well away from in the future, and before anyone says anything yes i won a Now TV box :)

Rant Over but i'm still so annoyed |(

jjbomber

landzw said:
Roughly another month passed and i received another letter saying i owed money but this time it said that failing to pay would result in passing the dept onto a collection agency

This is the bit that annoys me. It happens a lot with mobile phone contracts too. These companies should be made to take you to court before they can appoint a collection agency and make a mark against your credit rating with the agencies. it should be innocent until proven guilty.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
landzw said:
How do they get away with it?

Because they are so large and arrogant that they don't even have any mechanism or procedure in place for customers who want to leave. It's not even in their vocabulary. With just a bit more power Skynet would probably have unhappy defectors like you eradicated. (And bill you for it afterwards!)

The people you have been speaking to are probably about 85 employee levels down from anyone who can actually help, so there is no point arguing with them.

The best thing to do is move house, change your identity, change your job, get all new bank accounts etc. and hope Skynet doesn't find you in your new life.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I got an email saying i will soon have access to all the channels but no updates on pricing or contract as i was not in a contract, and how can one person see and agree with me and then another at a later date not agree with me?

If it was in the small print i was not told of this and i obviously did not read it and it wasn't what was sold to me over the phone.

Anyway i would not ever go back with SKY neither would i ever recommend SKY to anyone, i'm sure i'm not the first to be screwed over and i will not be the last.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm on a retention contract for my TV services with Sky at present and have been for the last 14 months which has been the result of 2 negotaitions. On both occasions they sent out email confirmation and I took the name of the person I spoke with. They also sent letters confirming changes.

Not a flag waving fan of Sky but have never found them to be dishonest as far as contractual agreements are concerned.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So I'm late to the party and only just read this.

Like most companies, won't Sky keep a recording of all their telephone conversations, at least for a short while at least? Last year I had a dispute with Talk Talk regarding what had been agreed in a previous phone call, becuse they'd signed me up to the wrong package. I could tell straight away as soon as the first direct debit came out my bank. So knowing when I'd made the call (I always keep the time and date) I asked them if they had recorded that call, "Erm yes probably". I told them to go listen to it and get back to me. They never had the courtesy of getting back to me but suddenly my direct debit changed to the amount I had agreed...

Selby

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Sky TV. I dropped them in Y2000 and never looked back. I really do believe in better, and you wont get it from Sky. Freesat for news, Blu ray discs for entertainment and an active life. Trust me by dropping Sky Tv you wouldnt believe how better off you are.

jjbomber

Selby said:
Sky TV. I dropped them in Y2000 and never looked back. I really do believe in better, and you wont get it from Sky. Freesat for news, Blu ray discs for entertainment and an active life. Trust me by dropping Sky Tv you wouldnt believe how better off you are.

But Sky sports is easily the best. Whether it is soccer, rugby, cricket, golf, boxing, darts or Formula 1, then Sky lead the way by quite a distance.

TRENDING THREADS