Settings for new samsung es 8000 TV Please

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just got this today, can anyone give me a list of picture settings for it, or point me to some elsewhere on the net. There may even be a thread on here but seems to be so much to trawl through. It's the Samsung 46" es8000 LED. Not related to that question but I have found my first problem with it, the TV sits so low on the stand that my centre speaker covers the bottom 2cm of the screen at the centre, so have moved it behind TV will have to re-calibrate the sound now! Any help would be great, thanks guys

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for that problem with that is most of the tests don't work, the 8 white squares are visible even at 100% this was true with my panasonic plasma TV as well, the second test works fine getting rid of the shadow behind the THX logo and the last black box, the next one is fine with the colour but again the sharpness has no effect whether on 10% or 100%. I did the test sat in my viewing position, am I being stupid here should I be right beside the TV to do this?

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
That's what I thought, so guess it just doesn't work with some tv's! So if anyone else has this TV and has it calibrated to their liking I would love to know them, my tv looks good but want to make sure I'm getting the best from it. I would have thought what hi Fi could give calibration figures for us to try, I know all rooms are different as regards light but the could just use a square room with a central ceiling light, or for movie watching just complete darkness. And stress to us that its just a guide.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried this if you have a Blu-ray player Clicky? there are plenty of forum members who either use this as a cheap alternative to professional calibration or have used it in the past.

Regards ...

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
eremis666666 said:
Not related to that question but I have found my first problem with it, the TV sits so low on the stand that my centre speaker covers the bottom 2cm of the screen at the centre, so have moved it behind TV will have to re-calibrate the sound now!

That's why, and I accept that I seem to be in a minority of one here, I much prefer the Quad stand that was used on last year's Samsung models (and on some of the 2012 models), like my PS64D000 in the parlour. The gap in the stand is the obvious place for a centre speaker. And if the centre speaker is quite high, then suitable blocks can be put under the legs of the stand to raise the television relative to the centre speaker, so that the speaker no longer intrudes on the visible screen.

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you its something that was never considered when they built this! Could do with something to raise the TV about 2cm but I would have to be very unobtrusive. I'm going to try it behind the TV first and see what effect it has.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
eremis666666 said:
Hi, no I haven't tried it, looks complicated, I will look into it though and see if I can figure it out. Thanks

Hi eremis666666 it is not complicated

STEP 1. You click down load the file AVCHD (.EXE) in the downloads section, it then takes you to another site.

STEP 2. Click on the link to download the file HDMV-2d.exe it is a 475mb file, it takes about 5 minutes to download or longer depending on your speed, download it to your desktop.

STEP 3. The download has finished so extract the files to a new folder on the desktop.

STEP 4. Write the image file it creates to a dvd.

If you do not have a dvd burning programe look for burn4free it should be able to burn this for you.

STEP 5. Once you have written the DVD Insert it in to your Blu-ray player (IT WILL NOT PLAY IN A NORMAL DVD PLAYER), it includes instructions how to do a calibration by HD Nation found on the top right of the disc menu.

Proper calibration will take a while even using this basic disc for settings as you may need to switch back & forth from video intruction to the calibration patterns. The HD Nation video on the DVD is done with a Samsung TV so should be easy for you to follow.

Do not worry about the HD Nation video looking a bit dodgey, it is the patterns you are interested in that they give instruction on how to use.

Regards....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts