Seting Up A New System

LordInox

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi to everyone!

After many years of record collecting, I've finally decided to get rid of my, bearly adequate, sound system, and built a new one. I have absolutely no idea about the products and the market, only what I have read the past weeks, specially from this site.

I'm thinking something like this:

Turntable: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (alt Pro-Ject Essential)

Phono Amp: Cambridge 551P (alt: cambridge 651P)

Speakers: Q Acoustics 2010i (alt: Tannoy Mercyry V4)

Amp: Cambridge Audio Topaz Am 10 (alt: cambridge audio azur 340A)

In the future I want to add a CD player and a tape deck.

Also a couple questions.

I don't konw what it's better for me, Ground Spekers or Book Shelves?

MM or MC?

What I hear most is extreme metal (black and death metal) so I want a clear loud sound.

Keep in mind that I'm from Greece, and the market here is very limited. My budget is around 1000-1000 £.

Thanks in advance!

The Pro-ject Debut Carbon, or better still the Carbon Esprit, comes ready fitted with a MM cartridge (admittedly not a brilliant one).

The Cambridge Audio Topaz Am 10 already has an in-built phono stage so you do not need the 551P.... see how we save you money :)

Q Acoustic speakers are OK, but the 2020i are better, just make sure you put them on good stands... there goes the money we just saved you. :grin:

If you have a large enough room the 2050i floorstanders would be better again but much more expensive.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Al ears said:
The Pro-ject Debut Carbon, or better still the Carbon Esprit, comes ready fitted with a MM cartridge (admittedly not a brilliant one).

Think you may be in the minority here. They both come with an Ortofon 2M red which retails for £85 on its own. Not bad when fitted to a £300 deck :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts