Schiit yggdrassil dac

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Leif said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Al ears said:
Bollocks in mental health care. They have ignored and abused and neglected me for 3 years, reported to the police, no action. No care. Dealing all myself.

Now that says it all.

you absolute toss pot to say that . Your attitude mirrors many on this forum. Some ***** hiding behind a computer. I bet you are pretty inadequate yourself.

I can't believe you said that to Al ears of all people. *nea*

I'm guessing you have no friends. Ring the Samaritans, they are trained to listen, and offer good advice. Go on as you are doing and any sympathy people once had for you will have gone. I can only assume you are consumed by self loathing, as that is the only explanation I can find for your abuse to Al ear and others.

you sound like a heartless idiot to say that, still sticking the knife in. You say you can't believe i insulted someone who implied it's all my fault for feeling as I do as after trying three years to get help and couldn't get any (which I mentioned), then saying I'm dealing with it myself. Where the hell is your moral compass there, you are just trying to troll me you absolute ****. I don't want your sympathy. What's your name and where do you live please.

Al ears said:
Bollocks in mental health care. They have ignored and abused and neglected me for 3 years, reported to the police, no action. No care. Dealing all myself.

Now that says it all.

you absolute toss pot to say that . Your attitude mirrors many on this forum. Some ***** hiding behind a computer. I bet you are pretty inadequate yourself.

Sticks and stones my friend, pure hatred on you part can only show ones own inadequacies. It's a good job you're not like this in public.... or are you?

You obviously misconstrued my meaning in that it didn't refer to your 'illness' it meant if coming on this forum and peeing off its contributors is showing how you are dealing with it yourself then I would say you have a fair way to go to obtain normality.

My sympathies.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Just loaded the many posts

Please stop it now as it's getting embarrassing.

I for one will forgive you and help you moving forward.
An I'm sure we all can but please don't misbehave anymore.
There are people with real problems and this is imo a mockery

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Al ears said:
Al ears said:

Now that says it all.

Sticks and stones my friend, pure hatred on you part can only show ones own inadequacies. It's a good job you're not like this in public.... or are you?

You obviously misconstrued my meaning in that it didn't refer to your 'illness' it meant if coming on this forum and peeing off its contributors is showing how you are dealing with it yourself then I would say you have a fair way to go to obtain normality.

My sympathies.

so in other words you are putting someone down who is already mentally unwell. Nice man. And then you refer to normality, in my book this makes you an even bigger *****. You were referring to not being able to deal with it, that's what you were saying since if you wanted to avoid ambiguity like you now do, you would have avoided that then. But what you seem to be saying is just as worse. Where do they get people of low intelligence like you from. ****.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Perhaps I could ask the OP and others if they would consider spending this much on a DAC no matter how good?

I'm of the view that a DAC is now a commodity item, and there is no point dropping a big wodge on one. I am sure the Chord Hugo is technically better than the Chord Mojo, but I doubt you can hear a difference in blind tests. Of course I'm more than happy to be proved wrong by someone who has done a blind test.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Leif said:
Al ears said:

Now that says it all.

I'm guessing you have no friends. Ring the Samaritans, they are trained to listen, and offer good advice. Go on as you are doing and any sympathy people once had for you will have gone. I can only assume you are consumed by self loathing, as that is the only explanation I can find for your abuse to Al ear and others.

you sound like a heartless idiot to say that, still sticking the knife in. You say you can't believe i insulted someone who implied it's all my fault for feeling as I do as after trying three years to get help and couldn't get any (which I mentioned), then saying I'm dealing with it myself. Where the hell is your moral compass there, you are just trying to troll me you absolute ****. I don't want your sympathy. What's your name and where do you live please.

Thank you, kind of you to say so.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Some people say they all sound the same others say they don't, so a blind test would sort it out otherwise we are going to end up with another cable debate.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Leif said:
Leif said:
Al ears said:

Now that says it all.

you have always been nice to me.*good*

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
grimharry said:
Leif said:
Leif said:
Al ears said:

Now that says it all.

How do you find your Russell K speakers? I heard some Russell K's (cost about £1,000) when recently looking for new speakers. They did sound nice.

insider9

so in other words you are putting someone down who is already mentally unwell. Nice man. And then you refer to normality, in my book this makes you an even bigger *****. You were referring to not being able to deal with it, that's what you were saying since if you wanted to avoid ambiguity like you now do, you would have avoided that then. But what you seem to be saying is just as worse. Where do they get people of low intelligence like you from. ****.

Rude an uncalled for.

You have sympathy on many on here but seem to take offence when there isn't one to be taken. I feel for you as your condition seems very serious. Others have urged you to seek professional help and acted in a supportive manner, as have I. I will say this with utmost respect and please don't feel like I'm belitteling your condition but this is a hifi forum and a hifi section of this forum. These comments should really be in Off Topic section. I come on here to talk about hifi. I rarely go to Off Topic as have little interest discussing other things. I don't have any training to offer an advice for someone with mental health issue, even if I did I'd know better and would refrain from doing so over the internet to a person I know nothing about.

I will say this and please don't take it the wrong way. Should you wish to talk hifi I'm happy to have a debate. Should you rather be discussing personal matters I'll refrain from interaction. I don't want to be a contributory factor in any way to your deteriorating mental state. I'm not a mental health professional and feel out of my depth. Don't really feel comfortable talking to a stranger over the internet not knowing their condition, fearing what they'd do. It's not that I feel mental health is a taboo and/or people dealing with such things are any different, I don't. I think mental health should be a subject of an open debate just not in a hifi section of a hifi forum.

This will be my last interaction on this subject. And should you wish to discuss it please post in Off Topic and I may or may not answer. I sincerely hope you well.

I would also urge other members to do the same or at the very least keep it civil even if they feel they are provoked in any way. I think we're all adults here and don't need to be abusive to one another to get our points across.

So for me it is back to hifi

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
insider9 said:

Rude an uncalled for.

You have sympathy on many on here but seem to take offence when there isn't one to be taken. I feel for you as your condition seems very serious. Others have urged you to seek professional help and acted in a supportive manner, as have I. I will say this with utmost respect and please don't feel like I'm belitteling your condition but this is a hifi forum and a hifi section of this forum. These comments should really be in Off Topic section. I come on here to talk about hifi. I rarely go to Off Topic as have little interest discussing other things. I don't have any training to offer an advice for someone with mental health issue, even if I did I'd know better and would refrain from doing so over the internet to a person I know nothing about.

I will say this and please don't take it the wrong way. Should you wish to talk hifi I'm happy to have a debate. Should you rather be discussing personal matters I'll refrain from interaction. I don't want to be a contributory factor in any way to your deteriorating mental state. I'm not a mental health professional and feel out of my depth. Don't really feel comfortable talking to a stranger over the internet not knowing their condition, fearing what they'd do. It's not that I feel mental health is a taboo and/or people dealing with such things are any different, I don't. I think mental health should be a subject of an open debate just not in a hifi section of a hifi forum.

This will be my last interaction on this subject. And should you wish to discuss it please post in Off Topic and I may or may not answer. I sincerely hope you well.

I would also urge other members to do the same or at the very least keep it civil even if they feel they are provoked in any way. I think we're all adults here and don't need to be abusive to one another to get our points across.

So for me it is back to hifi

+1 to all of that Insider 9 . I think everybody should just refrain from negative interaction . Someone on the site has issues and it's not worth reponding to what might be called 'rude and uncalled for comments' . It just adds fuel to the flames. I think the ' more established contributors' should just refrain from the negative interaction.

Let's go for the least said soonest mended approach.

Otherwise I do think think the mods should intervene so as to stop this issue from continuing in this negative vein.

tonky

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Leif said:
grimharry said:
Leif said:
Leif said:
Al ears said:

Now that says it all.

How do you find your Russell K speakers? I heard some Russell K's (cost about £1,000) when recently looking for new speakers. They did sound nice.

obviously I'm going to say they're the best. Seriously clean or neutral sounding, they don't need a lot of room mine have about a foot of space behind but to me the thing I love is the bass for a standmount they get down to 30-35hz on paper so something like bachs toccata is a joy to listen to. They really are worth a demo.

insider9 said:
Al ears said:
Perhaps I could ask the OP and others if they would consider spending this much on a DAC no matter how good?
I would consider it, yes. Not at the minute but some time in the future. It's not much different to upgrading a tone arm or a cartridge.

I just felt that unlike cartridges or tonearms DACs seem to be very frequently improved / updated and to drop a vast sum of money on one now might not be that wise.

Having said that the current practise of lumping preamp and headphone amp into the same box might mitigate this.

insider9

Al ears said:
insider9 said:
Al ears said:
I would consider it, yes. Not at the minute but some time in the future. It's not much different to upgrading a tone arm or a cartridge.

I just felt that unlike cartridges or tonearms DACs seem to be very frequently improved / updated and to drop a vast sum of money on one now might not be that wise.

Having said that the current practise of lumping preamp and headphone amp into the same box might mitigate this.
That's a good point but as long as you're happy with the sound and are future proofed in terms of formats (DSD for instance) that's fine.

grimharry said:
Some people say they all sound the same others say they don't, so a blind test would sort it out otherwise we are going to end up with another cable debate.

I can understand that the actual design of the dac chip along with bespoke and user selectable filtering that certainly isn't going to be the case. ;-)

I'll get my coat......

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
grimharry said:

I can understand that the actual design of the dac chip along with bespoke and user selectable filtering that certainly isn't going to be the case. ;-)

I'll get my coat......

and I said you'd been nice to me*beee*

S

SemiChronic

Hello Quest, its taken me until now to reply to your childsh and self centred outbust, as ive been busy doing real things such as work and tending to my significant other who also likes hifi. Truth be told shes pretty much claimed it as her own.

I bought Cambridge 8series poverty spec and Tannoy duffers because i like the sound and they were within my budget. Another deciding factor being all this was easy to audition, rather than frequent trips every other week demoing items, or waiting for the courrier and sending them back.

I decided roughly how much i wanted to spend to get a pretty good sound. Eventually i thought "Sod it, this'll do"

Sure i could have spent more, but didnt see the point in shelling out x2 or x3 for what wouldnt be a stark difference. I wanted a good sounding system that would be future proof for a few years, and easy for my partner to use. And ive achieved that.

Ive gone as far as im going, no plans for upgrades.

I dont care if you think my system is a pile of schiit, i dont care for your opinons on anything,

You really have behaved like a fanny, You have repeatedly belittled other members, calling thier systems rubbish and have generally bored the pants off them with testaments to how amazing your Cyrus stuff is.

Nobody cares, despite constant offers and attempts to get people to listen to your obsession, nobody will.

You have completely alienated and pissed off an entire hifi commmunity yet again. For someone who is supposedly a hifi enthusiast wanting to interact with other hifi peeps, you have an unfunny way of showing it.

Nobody here except you thinks that thier hifi is the best.

Were not that shallow. . .

S

SemiChronic

I was making a reply, i hadnt read through the extra pages of twaddle since id last been here.

Feel slighted? Nope, i dont take offence.

S

SemiChronic

I was making a reply, i hadnt read through the extra pages of twaddle since id last been here.

Feel slighted? Nope, i dont take offence.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
grimharry said:
Al ears said:
grimharry said:

I'll get my coat......

and I said you'd been nice to me*beee*

Surely polite discussion is what a forum is all about? Al ears might be right, as they might 'voice' the DAC hence providing a different sound. But for neutral or transparent DACs, my prejudice is that they would all sound the same once above a certain price point, which is not high at all as the chips probably cost £10 or less. I find it disappointing that as far as I know magazines such as this one do not do such testing. Then again, were they to say "It sounds the same as all the others" they would be signing their own professional death warrant. No more advertisers. No more magazine sales. Oops. But this is based on my untested assumption.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Must admit I have no experience of external dacs but have considered them in the past and to a certain extent at the moment for a future purchase as the streamer I'm using may well benefit if Spotify hi res turns up. It has sentimental value so changing it would be difficult.

I hope I've been sufficiently polite.*biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts