Rotel RX1550 Review, slightly confused

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, five stars yet we get 

"If you can't get past the holes in the spec, well, it's not like you're short of alternatives. "  

Isnt that a tad inconsistent? 

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Nope - we're saying we think it's a magnificent machine, but that some people might be put off by it being 'only' 5.1, for example. If that's the case, they have plenty of feature-packed 7.1 rivals to pick from.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
So now we're both confused.
The Rotel is a one of the best-sounding amps we've heard at the price, especially for movies. At the money, though, some prospective customers might want a more comprehensive specification than the Rotel provides. If you're not prepared to go short of toys like mic-assisted set-up or Ethernet, the likes of Yamaha and Pioneer have similarly-priced alternatives that offer more of the niceties.ÿ
Not sure that's inconsistent.

A

Anonymous

Forgive me if I appear a bit thick when I ask you the following questions - but are you saying the Rotel RX1550 is as good as the Pioneer SC-LX81 - which has better specifications and cost the same - which is also recommended by WHSV as the best AV amp/receiver in the £1000 to 2000 Price range?. Was the Rotel directly compared to the Pioneer ?

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
We considered the Rotel against the Pioneer SC-LX81 and the Yamaha RX-V3900, and it's worth its five stars every bit as much as those two. Until we Group Test £1500 multichannel receivers again (the Rotel missed January 2009's 3-way) we won't be able to establish our definitive favourite - so in the meantime, we're saying that if you're in the market for a Pioneer SC-LX81 (or anything else at that sort of money) you should definitely make the effort to hear the Rotel too. Unless its specification shortcomings put you off, of course.

A

Anonymous

So should I be concerned. I've just purchased the Marantz AV/MM 8003 several months ahead of Rotel's 1500 series release. ÿAnd I was a core Rotel fan so a hard call . . . looking forward to your new group test, or individual tests for the pre/pro/multichannel Rotel combo and the Marantz combo now you've done the Pioneer's, Rotel 1570, etc. Great work guys in a tough field. cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts