Replace Naim Din interconnect cable with a van den Hul D102 III HB interconnect

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Can somebody give me some advice on replacing my replacing my standard Naim Din interconnect, which comes with the Naim CD5i CD Player, with a van den Hul D102 III HB interconnect. My set up is as follows: B&W 805s loudspeakers, Naim Nait 5i, Naim CD5i CD player, Naim Din interconnect and QED XT400 speaker cables.

I can get the van den Hul cables with a large discount (50%) and was wondering if it makes sense to replace the standard Naim Din interconnect or not?

Please some advice before I make a 'mistake'.

Thanks!!!!

A

Anonymous

If different cables have different electrical characteristics (impendance, capacitance etc.) they WILL sound different. Just as long as you know why there is a difference you can avoid the snake oil stuff that's going around...

Try the LC-1 interconnect from blujeanscable.co.uk (its custom made by Belden for BJC). It only costs a fraction of the D102MkIII but I replaced my VDH with it and never went back...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
FWIW I've always found that Naim components sound best when connected to each other using the locking DIN connector cables supplied as standard rather than phono-terminated cables. The Naim people tell me it's something to do with earthing and shielding, which is why they've stuck with this connection for all these years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts