Rega RX3 floorstanding speakers

torikoos

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I've recently discovered the Rega RX3 on the interweb, and seems an attractive, nicely build floorstander that appears room friendly, flexible positioning, and there are a few reviews around that basically praise it for being very musical.

It triggered my interest enough to find a dealer and go have a listen. There aren't too many around as yet in my neck of the woods, but there's one in Exeter, which is not too far to drive for me.

However before I do that, I wondered if there are any forum members here that own a pair, and curious to your experience with them. What amp do you drive them with , anyone that has an Arcam/Rega combo, as that's where I'll end up with in due course, should I choose these.

Cheers!

Koos

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Can't help you with the RX3's, but if you're going to Gulliford Hifi (which is where I assume you'll be heading) I'd check out the Neat Iota Alphas too. They're also very room-friendly musical floorstanders. I've not heard the Alphas, but am a big fan of their little sisters, the Iotas. The Iota Alphas are similarly priced to the RX3's.

Please let us know your findings. I've always been intrigued by the Regas, although I think the newer RX series don't look as nice as their predecessors the RS series.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
torikoos said:
I've recently discovered the Rega RX3 on the interweb, and seems an attractive, nicely build floorstander that appears room friendly, flexible positioning, and there are a few reviews around that basically praise it for being very musical.

It triggered my interest enough to find a dealer and go have a listen. There aren't too many around as yet in my neck of the woods, but there's one in Exeter, which is not too far to drive for me.

However before I do that, I wondered if there are any forum members here that own a pair, and curious to your experience with them. What amp do you drive them with , anyone that has an Arcam/Rega combo, as that's where I'll end up with in due course, should I choose these.

Cheers!

Koos

I have listended to the RX3's at my local dealer when auditioning amps, so I heard them with a Rega Elex-R, Rega Elicit-R, Arcam A29, and Naim Nait 5si. Putting to one side the Elicit which sounded the best (nearly double the price of the others), I preferred the Rega Elex-R. The Arcam was ok, and the Naim was too bright. The dealer used the RX3's as they were the closest to my current speakers RS5's. My room at home is bigger, and my RS5's produced a clearer sound than I heard with the RX3's at my dealers smaller demo room. Also. a few years ago I demoed the RS3's against a few similar priced models and they were the most musical.

However, the best way to decide is to take your amp to the dealer, demo a few speakers, then get your favorites on home demo with your amp. I have found it takes a few days (play a range of music, day and night, and in different moods) to really decide what works best in your room with your amp.

TRENDING THREADS