Question about Bi-Amping

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ... have an old Pioneer A400 amp connected to an old a pair of B&W DM2 speakers and a Marantz CD63 MKII sigbature cd player

sound is ok, but have been told on the forums that the amp is my weak link in the system ... so been looking at older second hand amps (dont have a large budget)

If I get another pioneer A400 amp, can I bi-amp the system and will it make a huge difference in the quality of sound? ...

sorry for my ignorance!

lewis hurlin

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi with bi amping you need a pre out and your speakers need to be able to be bi wired so the integrated drives the tweaters and the power amp would drive the bass units. I do this with my audiolab 8000a and 8000p combination. The differednce is a more controled and detailed sound . I have a pair of B&W P4s and still find I have to turn the amp up to get the best out of them (my poor neighbours)

Lewis

A

Anonymous

thanks ... will look around for a good 2nd hand classic amp such as a Yamaha A-2000, pioneer SA-8500 or Kenwood KA-907 (one on ebay but a bit too expensive for me) .... and will keep the pioneer A400 for a bedroom hi-fi ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts