PROBLEM WITH DISCOLOURATION ON PANASONIC TX-P50GT50B SCREEN

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
FLASHTOKYO said:
Im no angel. I got angry, frustrated, inpatient of course I did. Why... because I had a genuine issue and it was dealt with in a manner which was unacceptable. Panasonic have called me on a number of occasions, apologised and have advised that lessons have been learnt. TC Hayes however have shown me contempt for raising a genuine issue. They have embarrassed me on a public form, failed DPA and have should be held accountable of deformation of character. Having their vile letter printed in the paper will hopefully make them wake up and take note that THEIR response will hinder them going forward.

I didn't mean to sound unsympathetic to your cause. I've had my fair share of problems with Panasonic plasma televisions, all related to poor screen uniformity. The problem you describe doesn't sound unlikely. I'd like to think that Panasonic learned that they need to make uniform plasma panels, though I doubt it.

I'd also like to think that the MD has checked on this thread and is now struggling to fathom what he was thinking when composing his post. (And feels too embarrassed to let us know.)

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
FLASHTOKYO said:
Spoke to the local paper yesterday and they want to publish their response. Hahaha.

nice one, I'd like to read that. Let us know when it hits the paper and what paper it is so i can have a look online. Cheers

FLASHTOKYO

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Picture quality was fantastic. However Plasma's are like women- high maintenence. :) its a shame it was a great TV, however the cons outweighed the pros

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
FLASHTOKYO said:
Im no angel. I got angry, frustrated, inpatient of course I did. Why... because I had a genuine issue and it was dealt with in a manner which was unacceptable. Panasonic have called me on a number of occasions, apologised and have advised that lessons have been learnt. TC Hayes however have shown me contempt for raising a genuine issue. They have embarrassed me on a public form, failed DPA and have should be held accountable of deformation of character. Having their vile letter printed in the paper will hopefully make them wake up and take note that THEIR response will hinder them going forward.

It's perfectly acceptable to get angry, frustrated and impatient when your retailer fails to deal with an issue and is just human nature, I've been in your situation a few times now and completely understand but it's the retailer that sparks those reactions and feelings simply because they are not dealing with the issue correctly. A good retailer listens and does everything it can to solve your problem and when they do that those feelings don't surface...basic customer service which TC Hayes simply don't seem capable of.

I wouldn't say they emarrassed you though, they embarrassed themselves!! At least everyone who reads this thread is now aware of the depths to which TC Hayes will go to in order to fob off a customer and how lacklustre and inept their customer service actually is despite the claims on the website. Panasonic at least have responded positively and it must be said that they have reacted brilliantly to your situation and without them I could have seen this one going all the way to the small claims court so kudos to them for getting involved and refunding you. That's good customer service so take note TC Hayes! I know they were slow to act initially but they came through in the end.

Just to echo rocketrazor I really hope that letter gets published and I think we would all love to be able to see it in print if it does happen so give us a heads up when/if it happens, good to hear you are far happier with the replacement and wish you many years of happy viewing :)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
FLASHTOKYO said:
Picture quality was fantastic. However Plasma's are like women- high maintenence. :) its a shame it was a great TV, however the cons outweighed the pros

Which was exactly why I went back to LED and haven't looked back. Every plasma I have owned has had issues at some point which is a shame as they are fantastic TVs but I don't think they suit everyone, especially if you are a gamer.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Never experienced red tinted blacks, and never had an issue with screen uniformity! ;)

Didnt you once get red spots on your screen though, and had to use the Pioneer warranty to get it fixed? (Not 100 per cent sure here.)
smiley-smile.gif

Blue dots make that:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/problem-with-my-pioneer-kuro

No TV is perfect, my Kuro got screen burn! My Dad's Pioneer is still going strong though.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
bigboss said:
Never experienced red tinted blacks, and never had an issue with screen uniformity! ;)

Didnt you once get red spots on your screen though, and had to use the Pioneer warranty to get it fixed? (Not 100 per cent sure here.)
smiley-smile.gif

Blue dots make that: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/problem-with-my-pioneer-kuro

What did they say was wrong with your TV? :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts