DougW87

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
I have a 75" Samsung Q95T, less than 1 year old which is showing poor grey uniformity including what looks like "laddering" artefacts on most of the left hand side of the screen. It is much worse to the naked eye and difficult to capture fully on camera. It is most visible on panning shots of the sky and football pitches etc.

I have raised a ticket with Samsung and their response is that this is "within the manufacturing tolerance of the TV"

It has got worse over the last month or so.

Any ideas on how to get them to admit fault on this and fix / repair / refund the unit?

TIA

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 21
D

Deleted member 197450

I have a 75" Samsung Q95T, less than 1 year old which is showing poor grey uniformity including what looks like "laddering" artefacts on most of the left hand side of the screen. It is much worse to the naked eye and difficult to capture fully on camera. It is most visible on panning shots of the sky and football pitches etc.

I have raised a ticket with Samsung and their response is that this is "within the manufacturing tolerance of the TV"

Any ideas on how to get them to admit fault on this and fix / repair / refund the unit?

TIA
Who did you buy the TV from?

D

Deleted member 197450

Richer Sounds. When I initially mentioned it to them, they passed me on to Samsung to report the issue. I have emailed Richer Sounds this afternoon but not yet had a response.
I had the same issue on the Samsung 75Q950R TV I purchased from John Lewis. They put me in touch with Samsung because it was within 12 months of purchase and that’s when Samsung deals with issues ie within the first year. I sent them pictures and they exchanged it for a new model, which I would expect them to do for you too.

Reactions: DougW87

DougW87

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
I had the same issue on the Samsung 75Q950R TV I purchased from John Lewis. They put me in touch with Samsung because it was within 12 months of purchase and that’s when Samsung deals with issues ie within the first year. I sent them pictures and they exchanged it for a new model, which I would expect them to do for you too.
I expected the same, to be honest, but having sent multiple images and spoken to their support team and the line manager they all said that this is within tolerance and they will not send and engineer or repair or replace the unit. Very disappointing. This is their 2021 flagship TV.

D

Deleted member 197450

Richer Sounds. When I initially mentioned it to them, they passed me on to Samsung to report the issue. I have emailed Richer Sounds this afternoon but not yet had a response.
There is a guy from Richer Sounds on the forums too I would expect him to do something for you too. I will look for his email address then post it on this thread.

D

Deleted member 197450

I expected the same, to be honest, but having sent multiple images and spoken to their support team and the line manager they all said that this is within tolerance and they will not send and engineer or repair or replace the unit. Very disappointing. This is their 2021 flagship TV.
You could contact @ RicherSounds through AVForums website here:

They will hopefully sort you out. Let us know how you get on.

D

Deleted member 197450

You are going to have to join AVForums to message Richer Sounds.

D

Deleted member 197450

It’s dirty screen effect on the Samsung TV and vertical banding you should be saying. That’s what’s wrong with it.

D

Deleted member 197450

Might be best to PM that, unless it's one specifically for this purpose and is otherwise publicly available.
I haven’t got it anymore unfortunately, the best way would be to pm Richer Sounds on AVForums and probably start a thread on there too.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

TIA

I saw your comments on this thread and was obviously sorry to read you have been having problems.

So that I can investigate further, and see what can be done to help you, please could you contact me with your details? My e-mail address is..

tomg@richersounds.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

D

Deleted member 197450

I saw your comments on this thread and was obviously sorry to read you have been having problems.

So that I can investigate further, and see what can be done to help you, please could you contact me with your details? My e-mail address is..

tomg@richersounds.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds
Thanks Tom! (y)

DougW87

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
Quick update on this.

After help from Tom @ Richer Sounds, Samsung accepted liability for the panel and it was replaced last Friday 4th March. The horizontal laddering was not present and the engineers left.

However, it became immediately apparent watching a football match that weekend, that this new panel was worse than the one they replaced. I now have two vertical lines down the screen which appear slightly brighter than the rest of the image. Very obvious on panning shots of sky, snow and green grass.

The new panel is also covered in dead pixels. There are around 15 - 20 clumps of these, some of the clumps contain up to 9 dead pixels all stuck together. I have tried all known fixes for dead and stuck pixels to no avail. Becoming more and more frustrated and wondering if the quality of this flagship TV is actually far below what most reviews suggest.

Attachments

• 20220310_221659.jpg
    20220310_221659.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220310_221955.jpg
    20220310_221955.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220310_222038.jpg
    20220310_222038.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220310_222046.jpg
    20220310_222046.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 5

DougW87

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
Hopefully the last update on this thread.

Panel replaced, again, yesterday. Grey uniformity and pixels look good. The screen now performs as I expect it to.

Bit of a farce getting to this point and Samsung completely tried to fob me off until Richer Sounds got involved.

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Samsung customer care is shocking, I quickly changed a Samsung Q90T for an LG CX a couple of years ago and never looked back. Samsung quality control is a big concern. Happy you finally got a good one. 👍🏻

Richer Sounds are the best in the business!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts