Samsung 55F8000 possible fault?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I didn't realise you had any dse oldboy on the old panel. Odd that they couldn't see the problem even when pointed out to them, that was the same with my panasonic. Maybe these engineers have different eye settings :)

was it the same engineers/firm that repaired your panasonic and had it for several weeks?

glad it's all sorted though mate and bonus you even have a better panel than you started with

:clap: to samsung for this, Japanese manufactures take note, otherwise you'll find we Brits stop buying your products |(

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I think samsung products break down on a regular basis which is why they have a team of engineers for example if you buy from panasonic it is less likley to go faulty, for that reason if my next tv is a samsung i will get a five year guarentee which i didn't need with my panasonic.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
I didn't realise you had any dse oldboy on the old panel. Odd that they couldn't see the problem even when pointed out to them, that was the same with my panasonic. Maybe these engineers have different eye settings :)

was it the same engineers/firm that repaired your panasonic and had it for several weeks?

glad it's all sorted though mate and bonus you even have a better panel than you started with

:clap: to samsung for this, Japanese manufactures take note, otherwise you'll find we Brits stop buying your products |(

To be fair Rocket there was very little DSE on the old panel, just two little patches which I now don't have anymore which is nice.

As for them not seeing it I wasn't that surprised but then I'm looking for it every day and once you see it you pick it up all the time so it just gets annoying eh.

No this wasn't the same bunch of monkies I dealt with when it came to my Panasonic problems, these guys were really professional and even wore shoe protectors when they came in so they weren't walking dirt into the house. Top guys and a really good service, polite, courteous, on time and never gave me any BS.

Samsung should be applauded for such a brilliant response as it took them just 4 days to replace the panel :grin:

T

theflyingwasp

All has worked out great for mr oldboy here but I wouldn't buy a product on customer service.the average person will watch more tv in the average week than time spent in their car and the odds are pretty high that it's the most used electronic device in their home unless your into hifi.

the 5 year guarantee is great from john lewis but at the speed technology is moving 5 years is a long time for a product that might end up in the guest bedroom unused under guarantee that you don't really care about anymore.

i hope people aren't sacrificing buying the product they want for another just because of a super duper guarantee?

i am still a bit peeved at this "faulty within specification" thing tho damn disgrace from Panasonic!

simonlewis said:
if you buy from panasonic it is less likley to go faulty, for that reason if my next tv is a samsung i will get a five year guarentee which i didn't need with my panasonic.

Not sure if some of the other members would agree with that. At one point, Panasonic TV problems were cropping up with poor after sales support on this forum with alarming regularity.. Panasonic isn't making any money on TVs, and I'm sure it has compromised on the quality by going for cheaper components.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
simonlewis said:
if you buy from panasonic it is less likley to go faulty, for that reason if my next tv is a samsung i will get a five year guarentee which i didn't need with my panasonic.

Not sure if some of the other members would agree with that. At one point, Panasonic TV problems were cropping up with poor after sales support on this forum with alarming regularity.. Panasonic isn't making any money on TVs, and I'm sure it has compromised on the quality by going for cheaper components.

I would agree with that totally and having been on the end of Panasonic's so called customer service I can say with some certainty that had simonlewis been on the receiving end he would not be saying that at all.

When John Lewis offer a price match I don't quite understand those comments about the 5 year warranty either, it costs you no extra and the TV is covered so it's just common sense to have it no?

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
rocketrazor said:
Glad to hear all is well oldboy. I'm curious though, in what way is it better than the last panel?

cheers

That's simple as there is no DSE at all on this panel, there was very little before but this one is completely clear. It's also noticeably sharper with a lot less blurring, with the last panel the only time I saw any blurring was with the football when the camera panned the pitch would suffer from a little blurring. The players and stadium etc would be fine but the texture of the grass pitch would blur but with this one it's much less pronounced and retains more texture.

I've input my previous calibration results and it seems fine as I can't say I've noticed any difference in colours and skin tones so if it is out then it isn't by very much at all.

I was a little disappointed that the repair company couldn't see the fault when they arrived as I found it obvious, even when using the engineers menu to display a white screen they couldn't see it even when I pointed to the exact position of it. They replaced the panel anyway and when they displayed the same white screen it was perfect so I'm very happy.

This experience has been the polar opposite of the service I received from Panasonic and Sony so other manufacturers should take note as this has been A1 service from start to finish and even the repair company was excellent. I'm very impressed I have to say and for once I'm praising a manufacturer rather than moaning or fighting and it's very refreshing :bounce:

Nice! :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
simonlewis said:

I think Panasonic has been a lot better this year. Can't remember many complaints at all and that goes for LCD too. Well done Panasonic! :clap:

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
bigboss said:
simonlewis said:

I think Panasonic has been a lot better this year. Can't remember many complaints at all and that goes for LCD too. Well done Panasonic! :clap:

personally I can't fault Panasonic Shefield service, second to none for me. They fixed my 46pz plasma 3 years ago and no problem with engineers and was a quick turn around. This plasma is now in the bedroom and is 7 years old running strong. My VT65b which is from The 2013 panasonics seem to be more reliable although I do feel for the people with the 50' 30 and 20 series sets. It's not good but maybe it's the retailers that are not fighting your corners....

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
simonlewis said:

personally I can't fault Panasonic Shefield service, second to none for me. They fixed my 46pz plasma 3 years ago and no problem with engineers and was a quick turn around. This plasma is now in the bedroom and is 7 years old running strong. My VT65b which is from The 2013 panasonics seem to be more reliable although I do feel for the people with the 50' 30 and 20 series sets. It's not good but maybe it's the retailers that are not fighting your corners....

Agreed. I had two faulty 20 series and returned one 30 and had screen burn on the 50 but eventually managed to get myself out of all the situations but I do feel for the ones who didn't. I think I was lucky and had very good advice on here.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Cheers rocket! Got to admit the response from Samsung was so good and so quick that they have left a very good lasting impression when compared to every other manufacturer I've ever had to deal with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts