Proac Studio 140 MK2 - system build - help/suggestions

HighFidelity7

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Currrently I have a Mac mini which stores all my music. My listening room is my living room which is a 4m x 3.5m spacee with thin walls and a bay window.

I have a Denon CEOL7 and a set of old large Tannoy Fusion 2. I either aiplay from the Mac Mini via all wired ethernet connections or from an iphone.

I listen to mostly rock, pop, reggae, jazz, bluegrass music.

I want to get depth, clarity in the midrange and more bass. i prefer a warmer sound rather than a clinical or harsh sound. More open rather than closed.

SPEAKERS: Dynaudio Excite X32, Proac Studio 140 MiK2,Focal 826W, Dali Ikon 6 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE

AMPLFIERS: Exposure 3010S2, Creek Audio Destiny 2, Arcam FMJ A38, Roksan Caspian M2, Audio Analogue Puccini Settanta Rev 2

I will audition quite a few of them but I am looking forward to hearing your recommendations from experience. I saw a couple of owners here that have the Roksan Caspian M2 and Proach combination which sounds good to me.

I listen to low or moderate levels and I believe most of these speakers above will play loud easily. Plus the Caspian has an advertised 60A output which is a lot at this price range. The Proacs are easy to drive apparently.

Please let me know what you think can play Tori Amos, Erykah Badu, Alison Karuss and 2PAC :) :)

Sorry if I have offended someone with my music taste...

Also comment on resale value, reliability and which one of these brands delivers real value instead or pretend value or too many cheap drivers for show instead of substance.

Now that I look at this post I understand it is a lot to ask but please chip in if you feel like it. Thanks everyone

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the Proac Studio 140 mk2 and my room size is 4*3 M , Sometime I do feel that they need more space to breath , Maybe the Proac Response D2 ia s better option ?

I heard the combintaion of Studio 140 mk2 and Roksan Caspian and the sound was awful : greasy and blur . the sound stage seems exaggerated and artificial

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts