Poor sub woofer sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, I have recently purchased a Wharfedale sw150. I have it hooked up to my Marantz sr4400 home cinema receiver. The problem is that although the sub is working it seems very very quiet. Just to be able to hear it slightly i have to have the volume set to max and the amp settings set to +10db for the sub. Just not sure why it should be so quiet, ive seen subs half the size of this and they make much more noise! have i set something up wrong or are they just quiet subs?

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I have the sw150 connected to the onkyo 605 reciever with the volume on the sub at around 11 olcock with the crossover at 65 and it gives out deep and involving low frequency bass when needed. My guess is that you have it set up wrong on your reciever.I just let the reciever calibrate my system.

Gary

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
What frequency have you got it rolling off at?

Too low and the sub will only get the ultra low bass produced by your soundtrack. And the soundtrack might not have that much of the incredibly low stuff.

Try 80 hz as a starting point. if it's still not doing much try 100. Don't go too high though as the sub will start playing mids!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts