Question Monitor Audio RSW12 replacement or repair

hammillrevisited

Jan 25, 2023
Visit site
My RSW12 sub woofer has died - light comes on, but no sound. The other 5 speakers in my monitor audio silver set up are working fine. I am considering repair or replacement of the sub woofer does, anyone have any recommendations?

Gray

My RSW12 sub woofer has died - light comes on, but no sound. The other 5 speakers in my monitor audio silver set up are working fine. I am considering repair or replacement of the sub woofer does, anyone have any recommendations?
Once an item is out of guarantee and you've checked all obvious potential connections etc.,
my question is always the same:
What have you got to lose by opening it up and having a visual inspection?
(You never know what you might see. If you (or someone you know) has access to a multimeter you may be able to do some tests (for open circuit drive unit etc.) before being at the mercy of any 'proper' repairers).

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
MA are a great company to deal with. My RSW12 went faulty. Out of warranty. Called them, put through to the right person. Job sorted! There is nothing to the internals of the sub. All pretty to replace internal boards and volume eq switches. Think I now have RX internals Ran me to a couple of hundred quid I think.. Maybe less.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Honestly. Repair. Don’t replace. If u were happy with the rsw why buy a new model. I believe you will get far less for your money now as well. So would have to spend more. On a replacement with the same performance. I actually sold the faulty components on eBay as well. (I disclosed they were faulty). Got reasonable money as well. Sent in the new parts packaging.
j

ArvindR

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
Once an item is out of guarantee and you've checked all obvious potential connections etc.,
my question is always the same:
What have you got to lose by opening it up and having a visual inspection?
(You never know what you might see. If you (or someone you know) has access to a multimeter you may be able to do some tests (for open circuit drive unit etc.) before being at the mercy of any 'proper' repairers).
Could I ask what you ended up doing? I have an RSW12 with a hum and crackle. I wonder how hard they are to diagnose and repair.

I'm running all Monitor Audio speakers with a Yamaha 880 and upgraded my sub to SVS SB-4000. It's fantastic. For the size of your room, the 2000 would be perfect. Monitor Audio punches above it's size, but the front + down firing (gimmick?) isn't worth the premium. You'll notice the difference.
For a first post you are very perceptive. You say ‘for the size of your room’ but funnily enough that wasn’t stated.

Are you shilling?

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts