Poll: Which Brand Do You Prefer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Just a little poll; which brand do you prefer?
(some brand names are missing, because they are (no longer) a big player in the tv market)

Here are the options:
- LG
- Panasonic
- Philips
- Samsung
- Sharp
- Sony
- Toshiba

It's very simple, just add a point to your favourite, you can vote once per day, i will start in my reply.
The brand name that reaches 20 points first will win.

A

Anonymous

- LG
- Panasonic
- Philips
- Samsung 1 (+1)
- Sharp
- Sony
-
Toshiba

A

Anonymous

Technika?...i mean like really big brands...Technika is a name i practically never hear and abroad Technika isn't very big.

A

Anonymous

Please take the poll as it is...so far Samsung is leading with 1 point...
you can give an reason why you vote for a brand, but it's not a requirement here.

And if you think Technika is the best brand in the world, that the likes of Panasonic and Sony are nothing
compared to this 'Technika, then feel free to add Technika. Otherwise please leave it outside the ' competition'.

I did not include Pioneer because it's no longer a player in the tv market, i did not include Technika because the brand is unknown to me. I think the company technika makes more ' things', but in the tv market, they are not very well known.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Er, Technika might have been a joke? (!)

Emotionally I can't do Samsung. I'm of an age when all they were originally known for in the UK was the manufacturer of cheap and nasty microwave ovens sold in Curry's (plus they sound like something you would order from a Chinese take away).

LG stands for "Lucky Gold", which sounds like some loser prospector from the Wild West ("The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" springs to mind), so I shall split my vote between Sony and Panasonic, half a point each.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sizzers:Er, Technika might have been a joke? (!)

Emotionally I can't do Samsung. I'm of an age when all they were originally known for in the UK was the manufacturer of cheap and nasty microwave ovens sold in Curry's (plus they sound like something you would order from a Chinese take away).

LG stands for "Lucky Gold", which sounds like some loser prospector from the Wild West ("The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" springs to mind), so I shall split my vote between Sony and Panasonic, half a point each.

Lucky Goldstar, actually, but then that doesn't really bring much sense to what is one of the more ridiculous posts I've read on here for ages. You may as well say 'I'm not going to vote for Panasonic because it sounds like something you'd take for a headache...'

matthewpiano

Guess which brand I'm going to vote for????

Has to be the one that puts the bread on the table - Sony.

Work aside I would still choose Sony with Sharp, Panasonic and Philips very closely behind.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Samsung or LG.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Sizzers:Er, Technika might have been a joke? (!)

Lucky Goldstar, actually, but then that doesn't really bring much sense to what is one of the more ridiculous posts I've read on here for ages. You may as well say 'I'm not going to vote for Panasonic because it sounds like something you'd take for a headache...'

Tongue-in-cheek joke maybe?

Nothing against either brand, Andrew. Every Samsung TV I've seen has been spot on (can't speak for the rest of their kit). Don't know much about LG as hardly seen any of their stuff so wouldn't judge until I'd viewed.

A

Anonymous

Glad to see that there is a discussion going on about the brands, all part of the fun.
Unfortunately we can't give half a point to a brand, it's one point or nothing. You can vote once a day,
so i am allowed to vote again. I hope others will vote to, otherwise my vote is going to be decisive, and i do not want that.

And i did not see ' Technika' as a joke, i found it hard to imagine that somebody would consider Technika as a brand equal to the likes of Sony and Panasonic, but this is the internet, and sometimes it's kinda hard to see when someone makes a joke or not.
You can't win anything, it's the brand name that comes out on top, that has a honour in winning. And everybody who visits this forum is allowed to vote, you could live in India and still vote.

- LG
- Panasonic 1
- Philips
-
Samsung 1
- Sharp
- Sony 1 (+1)
- Toshiba

I give Sony one point, because Sony tv's have always looked good, in contrast to for example Panasonic, who focuses on the quality and not the look of a tv.

A

Anonymous

Because i paid £1500 for one and it has great SD & HD picture quality...but i promise i won't mention the dirty screen marks....DOH!

- LG
- Panasonic 1
- Philips 1
-
Samsung 1
- Sharp
- Sony 1 (+1)
- Toshiba

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Arvie88: And i did not see ' Technika' as a joke,

That much was obvious.

You can't win anything, it's the brand name that comes out on top, that has a honour in winning. And everybody who visits this forum is allowed to vote, you could live in India and still vote.

Umm...

but this is the internet, and sometimes it's kinda hard to see when someone makes a joke or not.

Really? You do surprise me...

I own a Pioneer but I'm going to come back in a month and vote for Sony 30 times.

This really is a very odd poll...

A

Anonymous

what is the point of this poll ?? just look up tv sales and we,ll know who prefers what ..

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Arvie88:You can vote once a day, so i am allowed to vote again ... I give Sony one point, because Sony tv's have always looked good, in contrast to for example Panasonic, who focuses on the quality and not the look of a tv.

What's put you off Samsung between yesterday and now?

A

Anonymous

No one could find any in the shops to buy therefore they don't register :(

A

Anonymous

"I own a Pioneer but I'm going to come back in a month and vote for
Sony 30 times.

This really is a very odd poll... "

If you come back in a month then you can still vote only once. It doesn't work any other way.
It's a poll, and just simple plain fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts