Poll: Which Brand Do You Prefer?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Arvie88:

Hi all,

Just a little poll; which brand do you prefer?
(some brand names are missing, because they are (no longer) a big player in the tv market)

Here are the options:
- LG
- Panasonic
- Philips
- Samsung
- Sharp
- Sony
- Toshiba

It's very simple, just add a point to your favourite, you can vote once per day, i will start in my reply.
The brand name that reaches 20 points first will win.

Okay me personally

Philips 1 point

(I think i have the point system worked out)

And this is just for tvs yes?

D

Deleted member 2457

I'm thinking it's pretty even at the moment around 5-6 points each for philips, sony, samsung (I think they are leading the way)

Man this is going to take forever, please getting voting.
emotion-20.gif

A

Anonymous

Panasonic +1.

My Plasma and blu ray have been faultless since day one.

Picture and sound amazing.

A

Anonymous

Can we only vote regarding lcd or plasma? I've got only got a Toshiba crt, so can I vote toshiba.

Oh wait I've still got a Pye black and white portable in the loft that still works so I'll vote Pye instead. Can't 'others' be added to the list? They were on Mr Everard's list.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gel:I'm thinking it's pretty even at the moment around 5-6 points each for philips, sony, samsung (I think they are leading the way)

Yes, exciting, isn't it?

gel:Man this is going to take forever, please getting voting.
emotion-20.gif

Or maybe it isn't...

A

Anonymous

Philips has just edged into the lead! 730 votes as against 10 for its nearest rival. Still too close to call, though. This is one of those polls that won't be over until the fat lady sings. There can only be one winner.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:idc:

- LG 0
- Panasonic 7
- Philips 1
- Samsung 1
- Sharp 0
- Sony 2 (+1)
- Toshiba 0

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:idc:

- LG 0
- Panasonic 8
- Philips 1
- Samsung 1
- Sharp 0
- Sony 2 (+1)
- Toshiba 0

A

Anonymous

nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:nodnarb4444:idc:

- LG 0
- Panasonic 8
- Philips 1
- Samsung 1
- Sharp 0
- Sony 2 (+1)
- Toshiba 0
same time tmw nod
emotion-40.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I did not realise you could vote every day,

Philips 1

I'm thinking panasonic might be leading now.

A

Anonymous

- LG 1 (+1)
- Panasonic 8
- Philips 1
- Samsung 1
- Sharp 0
- Sony 2
-
Toshiba 0
LG to get a vote from me. I have the LH5000 42" TV, great performer despite the low price. LG have upped the game in the last year or 2, id recommend them.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i met a guy who was the shareholder for goodmans and he said that lg bought a lot of goodmans plans/parts etc and they when sponsors of lcfc they claimed it was lifes good

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
ScottH:

- LG 1

- Panasonic 8
- Philips 1
- Samsung 1 (+1)
- Sharp 0
- Sony 2
- Toshiba 0

Although Panasonic are traditionally regarded as being only second to the now defunct Pioneer Tv's, I would have to say Samsung as their tv pictures never fail to impress me but I've seen some mediocre pictures on some Panny's. Panny's take the points for quality though. Personally I'd never buy Phillips or LG (owned by Philips) as my experience of reliability of their products has always been poor. They also leave me visually unimpressed also. Some of the worst pictures I've ever seen on big name branded tv's have been on LG's! Just my opinion though.

A

Anonymous

Nads: I'll kick in before someone else does - what WOULD you vote for?

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Alsone:

ScottH:

- LG 1

- Panasonic 9
- Philips 1
- Samsung 1 (+1)
- Sharp 0
- Sony 2
- Toshiba 0

Although Panasonic are traditionally regarded as being only second to the now defunct Pioneer Tv's, I would have to say Samsung as their tv pictures never fail to impress me but I've seen some mediocre pictures on some Panny's. Panny's take the points for quality though. Personally I'd never buy Phillips or LG (owned by Philips) as my experience of reliability of their products has always been poor. They also leave me visually unimpressed also. Some of the worst pictures I've ever seen on big name branded tv's have been on LG's! Just my opinion though.

A

Anonymous

Alsone:
Andrew Everard:What on earth gave you the idea that LG is owned by Philips?

I stand corrected, Philips pulled out of LG in 2008 and sold its shares.

Prior to that it was LG Philips: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Display

A joint-venture company that was formed to produce TFT-LCD displays for laptops and other monitoring devices.

Not really the same market and not really Philips owning LG.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And not really all of LG, just the LG Display sub-company, and actually LG bought out the Philips holding in the operation, rather than Philips pulling out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts