Playing to much PS3?

A

Anonymous

thats good to know ... i was just wondering if it might thats all

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No evidence to suggest it will affect the lifespan of the TV, nor that of the player. The only effect I can imagine is that if you play games 24/7, of course the TV may not last as long as one used for more normal viewing periods.

scene

If you're using a Plasma, then there is a slightly higher chance of screen burn - but only if you stay on some static screens for an extended period - How long does it take you to choose your team?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:No reason why it should. Your brain and social life may be different matters...
I agree with that whole heartedly. Long hours of play makes one incoherent- ha ha

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
scene:If you're using a Plasma, then there is a slightly higher chance of screen burn - but only if you stay on some static screens for an extended period - How long does it take you to choose your team?

These days, a number of days would be required I think. So that's really quite indecisive.

scene

professorhat:
scene:If you're using a Plasma, then there is a slightly higher chance of screen burn - but only if you stay on some static screens for an extended period - How long does it take you to choose your team?

These days, a number of days would be required I think. So that's really quite indecisive.

Sorry, I should have added a
emotion-4.gif
on my comment as it was meant slightly tongue-in-cheek....

scene

professorhat:
As was mine
emotion-1.gif

Just added the comment on a few days to put any fears people might have of playing games on a plasma at rest.

Fair enough - it's quite hard to hurt newer plasmas unless you freeze frame and go away on holiday - even then, most will engage a screensaver...

Sliced Bread

scene:professorhat:
As was mine
emotion-1.gif

Just added the comment on a few days to put any fears people might have of playing games on a plasma at rest.

Fair enough - it's quite hard to hurt newer plasmas unless you freeze frame and go away on holiday - even then, most will engage a screensaver...

My Plasma is about 2 years old. After playing a racing game for about 4 hours (Sad but true) I had the speedometer (which was bright white) burnt into the screen.

Not sure if it was burnt or just screen retention, but it was visible for a few weeks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If it vanished after a while, it was retention. Screen burn, when it occurs, is permanent. Some older plasmas had a facility to show random white snow for a while to wipe such problems.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If it's gone, then it was image retention. I get this on my 3 year old Panny plasma, but it fades very quickly once I've watched a few minutes of Freeview. Normally just leaving the TV on white noise screen clears it very quickly. Very unusual for it to last a few weeks.

Haven't seen any image retention as yet on my new Pioneer.

EDIT - snap.

A

Anonymous

it seems to me that if you have a plasma then try not to play computer games for too long lol but no1 seems to have problems with lcd or led...

A

Anonymous

It's the joints and ligaments on your fingers you need to worry about with the game controller. Too much RSI can create trap nerve problems like when using a PC mouse the wrong way. Take breaks inbetween and exercise the arm in other activities. I once stopped playing a a game that required repeat botton bashing and joystick control for 5 days till my hand didn't feel the strain and pain.I am still off it and playing something less demanding. That's the only way to enjoy and not suffer long term.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts