Noise when playing music from tidal

gasolin

I just got new speakers, didn't expect them to be that great compared to my dynaudios but the are and the bass, is great

To my question

I noticed i could hear some white noise (i normally don't notice) playing music from tidal, same source, cable,soundcard,dac as when i play a youtube video
where theres no noticeable noise, the noise is white noise in the background, pausing it theres no white noise, only diffrence is new speakers.

Is there some noise from tidal or is it the songs or both ?

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I just got new speakers, didn't expect them to be that great compared to my dynaudios but the are and the bass, is great

To my question

I noticed i could hear some white noise (i normally don't notice) playing music from tidal, same source, cable,soundcard,dac as when i play a youtube video
where theres no noticeable noise, the noise is white noise in the background, pausing it theres no white noise, only diffrence is new speakers.

I have tidal, can you name a couple?

gasolin

Mabye bob james the new cool Oliver's bag

Really didn't pay much attention to what songs it was, new spakers, tried many of my song on my above 400 songs on tidal, like some websites that has usefull information you remember later but didn't bookmark

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site

Really didn't pay much attention to what songs it was, new spakers, tried many of my song on my above 400 songs on tidal, like some websites that has usefull information you remember later but didn't bookmark
I'm not hearing anything strange, the percussion and bass are quite far back in the mix, but it is MQA encoded so maybe that?

Fandango Andy

If you were listening to Bob James, it was probably the elevator motor you could hear in the background! I know its a childish comment, but I couldn't help myself, sorry.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site

To my question

I used to hear a lot of artefacts when using tidal that I didn’t on other streaming platforms, sorry it’s helpful but you’re most certainly not alone.

It annoyed me so much I left the platform

A quick google will bring up many threads on it. At least it did a few years back.

TRENDING THREADS