Kind request to Denon Home 150 speaker users

abramq

Dec 27, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

I was a bit surprised that Denon didn't have its community forum, like Sonos. I haven't found one like that anywhere. Well, nothing, I'm trying here, maybe someone will help, I've already tried writing to Denon support, but only AI responds and refers to the FAQ or the distributor, and the distributor is silent 😞
Generally, I want to check this option, which is described in the manual as "Quick Start Mode" - it should turn off the power to the modules (Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB) if we do not use them. Unfortunately, the manual describes the shutdown conditions strangely:
"After around 20 minutes of no operation and no network access after playing music via Ethernet",
"After around 20 minutes of no operation and no network access after playing music via Wi-Fi.",
"After the Bluetooth connection is disconnected and there is around 20 minutes of no operation and no network access after playing music via Bluetooth."

And now two questions, please:
- does "...and no network access..." above apply to network operations in general? So, for example, if I use the app on my phone via WiFi to control what is to be played on the speaker, it will assume that network access is being used and will not disable any module?
- does the above mean that when I just turn on the speaker, after not using it for about a day, it will still have all these modules turned on for 20 minutes (and will broadcast via Ethernet, WiFi, BT)? And it will stop them after that "20 minutes"?

And one extra:
- the speaker's manual states that Bluetooth on the phone must be turned on when using the HEOS application. Is that necessary? Isn't it enough to just have Wi-Fi turned on on your phone? The speaker will be connected to the network via Ethernet.

Would be very thankful for all that have that speaker and can check it practically.
Thank you in advance and best regards!

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t own this speaker. But I think I can understand the manual which I downloaded from Richer Sounds.

So, to answer your pair of question, I’d say Yes and Yes. The aim is to deactivate unused modules after 20 minutes, but keep them ‘alive’ enough to reawaken when required. You’ll see the contrast with Deep Standby per the screenshot.

I am not quite sure what you mean by ‘broadcast’ as the speaker receives rather than sends, unless maybe it connects to a second speaker - which I’ve not looked at.

IMG_1538.png

For your ‘extra’, why not try both? But if Denon say what you quote I expect they mean it.

Good luck.

abramq

Dec 27, 2023
Visit site
So, to answer your pair of question, I’d say Yes and Yes. The aim is to deactivate unused modules after 20 minutes, but keep them ‘alive’ enough to reawaken when required. You’ll see the contrast with Deep Standby per the screenshot.
I am not quite sure what you mean by ‘broadcast’ as the speaker receives rather than sends, unless maybe it connects to a second speaker - which I’ve not looked at.
Thanks for your reply!
I understand the assumptions of this energy saving system, but the principles of its operation are described ambiguously. If a module (e.g. USB) is to have its power cut off, it would be good if this cut off was performed immediately when I turn on the equipment, especially if I do not use the pendrive at all. And not only after 20 minutes, since inserting a pendrive alone can reactivate the module. Besides, they always write "and no network access" - it is unclear what network they mean? With such devices, the network is always active.
Maybe this whole saving system only turns on when we don't listen to anything... but that would make no sense.
P.S.
Broadcast is possible - you can listen to the music using BT Headphones.
For your ‘extra’, why not try both? But if Denon say what you quote I expect they mean it.
I would do it if I had this equipment :) That's why I titled this post like that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts