pioneer lx70a blueray v pioneer bd51 blueray players

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all a few replies asap would be much appreciated also from what hifi staff i have a 10 year old denon avca1 av amp with no hdmi terminals i will be keeping hold of the amp for now but would still like hd sound from using the decoder on a blueray player via three pairs of interconnects and also upscale dvd to 1080p can buy the lx70a for about the same price as a bd51 would either be better than the other or about on the same par with sound and picture thanks garry replies asap please

A

Anonymous

Hi garrynic,

I am biased towards the LX 70a as mine has served me very well for the past 12 months (yes I paid loads-a-money).

Initially I used the on board decoding as back then I had a very nice, but a little out of date AX5 ai-s. This proved to be a very nice set up for 12 months, but last month I bit the bullet and got the SC LX81 with the now all important HDMI connectivity.

I can only say that my LX 70a is serving me well (several Firmware upgrades) as for the bd51 on paper and in the reviews it appears also very competent. Each player does have slightly different plus and minus points over each other so it is whether you want to just see a superb picture and excellent sound or, if unlike me, you want to spoil the film and go on the Interent (someone correct me if I am wrong). I just want quality not gimmicks.

Hope this is of help.

A

Anonymous

Have a quick read of the POST entitled 'blu-ray loading times' there are a couple of comments on the bd51.

As for the lx70a - it's not the quickest or the slowest going off freinds players and thoughts.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

thanks again soulton how about a reply from you other experts pioneer 7 jase fox professor hat andrew everard andy madden clare newson etc etc

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi garrynic

The FD-51 is a superb Blu-ray Player, as is the LX-71 which replaced the 70 model the 70 and the 71 are much the same very little difference, however the 70/71 has has better build quality in that both have gold plated terminals and touch sensor buttons, the 70 when new was nearly a grand £1000, the 71 can be had for around £550ish and of course the FD-51 can be bought for around £320ish so if you can buy the 70 for similar money as the FD-51 buy with confidence, basically you are buying a slightly cosmetically different player, thats about it PQ-Sound are on par with each other.

Andy

TRENDING THREADS