Pioneer BDP51 video stream direct

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
There have been a couple of BDP51 threads recently - mainly about audio. The infocus 7205 proj I have at present is 720p (which has been great with sky HD). The pioneer doesn't output 720p which I didn't realise at the time and am now saving up for a new projector. I have been putting up with great audio
emotion-1.gif
but only 576 video
emotion-6.gif
for a couple of months.

Yesterday I was playing around with the output (watching Slumdog Millionaire) and took the BDP51 video output off auto and onto stream direct. I ignored the warning that this may not function with my receiver and proceeded. The graphic onscreen showed 1920x1080 and it worked! According to the tech specs I shouldn't be able to get this. The picture is amazing - at least as good as 720p (which is the best I have had before to compare with) - and possibly even better. I watched a lot of scenes and couldn't find any artefacts. What is going on? Do I just count my blessings and continue? Am I running a risk of damage anywhere in the hardware? It was too late last night to try any other discs but I will do that tonight.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's probably 1080i, not p, which your projector can probably handle. I doubt you're damaging anything, if the projector couldn't handle it you wouldn't see anything at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts