passive set up v active set up

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Ashley James said:
To be fair Norm there are others on the forum who haven't "followed" us so assiduously for ten years now and who may be interested.

In which case it would help them (and you) if you declared your industry status and your company in your signature.

Then at least all those potentially interested will know what you are talking about and what your relationship is to the products you are promoting. Many might not be entirely clear about your credentials.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Ashley James said:
To be fair Norm there are others on the forum who haven't "followed" us so assiduously for ten years now and who may be interested.

I see your maths is as poor as your judgement, which is surprising given that you manage to sell products to consumers direct at the same price as your few retailers offer them, and convince those buyers that you are doing them a favour by cutting out the retail margin.

But please explain how your twisted logic justifies ban-dodging and spamming your products on this forum. Or is this just another example of your tilting at windmills?

Ashley James

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
chebby said:
Ashley James said:

In which case it would help them (and you) if you declared your industry status and your company in your signature.

Then at least all those potentially interested will know what you are talking about and what your relationship is to the products you are promoting. Many might not be entirely clear about your credentials.

Agreed and I thought I had. I'll have another go.

For the record I'm seventy now and semi retired, so not involved in the day to day running of the company, which has new investors and new agents around the world.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Ashley James said:
chebby said:
Ashley James said:

For the record I'm seventy now and semi retired, so not involved in the day to day running of the company, which has new investors and new agents around the world.

Is AVI then just a hobby or do you still accept profits from the company?

Ashley James

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Romulus said:
Ashley James said:
chebby said:
Ashley James said:

I'm still a director and shareholder so entitled to a share of the profits if all the directors agree. Therefore I have a vested interest in the company's success.

J

jcbrum

What-ho Norm
regular_smile.gif

Just thought I'd pop in and say G'day mate.

Seems just like old times now the party's got going.

JC

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Ashley James said:
Romulus said:
Ashley James said:
chebby said:
Ashley James said:

I'm still a director and shareholder so entitled to a share of the profits if all the directors agree. Therefore I have a vested interest in the company's success.

And can you imagine it if all the other directors and shareholders of HiFi companies came on here to flog their wares?

This is no place for company involvement, no matter how well intentioned.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I see it differently - director of Avi is here, it's a perfect time to ask him questions from this very thread regarding power amps etc.. hey, no one asked the question.. why? are they not interested anymore? have they ever been interested?

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
I see it differently - director of Avi is here, it's a perfect time to ask him questions from this very thread regarding power amps etc.. hey, no one asked the question.. why? are they not interested anymore? have they ever been interested?

The above is true, however for people with 'vested interests' to be on Forum threads such as this one is a double edged sword. On one hand they get free publicity and space to advertise (or is that too an extreme word?) their goods, usually by implying that they share our hobby for love for music and good fidelity and on the other hand they can get unstuck publicly - familiarity breeds contempt. - scenario. Classic case is Rick of Musicraft who appears to ingratiate himself everywhere with a consistency of a Swiss watch and at the same time get himself embroiled in petty quarrels with Andrewjit in public on this forum. For a proffesional HiFi dealer its no too unreasonable to expect him to be discrete as to his customers and act like a professional in public - he should of known better.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
jcbrum said:
What-ho Norm

Just thought I'd pop in and say G'day mate.

Seems just like old times now the party's got going.

JC

So that's two banned members on this thread now. I see what Mr James means about wishing for better moderation.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
lpv said:

I just see a much-banned former member of this forum coming back to shill his products again, and seemingly able to do so with impunity.

Ashley James

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Ashley James said:
Romulus said:
Ashley James said:
chebby said:
Ashley James said:

And can you imagine it if all the other directors and shareholders of HiFi companies came on here to flog their wares?

This is no place for company involvement, no matter how well intentioned.

Various company representatives and shop assistants appear on here quite regularly and I'd have thought they'd could have been helpful. You can always ignore sales pitches.

My reason for appearing was quite simply that there are many very nice, sensible people on here, some of whom want to know about our DMs, but are prevented from the discovering the facts, the real ones, by a small group who dominate opinion and can be, to be honest, extremeLy unpleasant.

I answered the points raised and someone else explained other aspects that aroused curiosity. All I can hope now is that if you are interested you'll join the AVI forum, which is very friendly and fight free or contact me direct and I'll happily advise.

thank you very much for your indulgence

Ash

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
So that's two banned members on this thread now. I see what Mr James means about wishing for better moderation.

as long as I'm here I've never seen any form of moderation on this forum and the forum is merely ruled by a group of long time members, some sober and mature while others... not soo much

Ashley James

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
spiny norman said:
lpv said:

I just see a much-banned former member of this forum coming back to shill his products again, and seemingly able to do so with impunity.

I was banned here and almost immediately I appeared for no reason that I could understand and worse than that, so were numerous customers of ours who just innocently posted reviews or were complimentary about us. Many were surprised and or shocked and some complained to Haymarket bigwigs about it. Eventually the moderators were changed and now there's very little control applied.

In my case it could have been argued that I was getting free advertising, but that doesn't explain why decent and polite AVI customers should be excluded and characters like you should remain.

My apologies for being so blunt, but in my opinion you and a few others do rather spoil this forum for normal enthusiasts who just need a bit of help or advice and to make new friends.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Ashley James said:
I was banned here and almost immediately I appeared for no reason

IIRC yes you were banned, and almost immediately did reappear again. Several times, I think.

Ashley James said:
My apologies for being so blunt, but in my opinion you and a few others do rather spoil this forum for normal enthusiasts who just need a bit of help or advice and to make new friends.

You're right: I really must stop coming on here spouting ludicrous claims about my products and bringing in the old tag-team partner to back me up.

Mind you, if you don't like it, maybe you should stop mixing it with the buffoons who apparently inhabit this forum, and go back to sniggering behind the bike-sheds.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh spiny you really are the most negetive,boring,argumentative **** sorry chap ive ever known,oh did i say BORING forum member i have ever come across.

please just stick with your other boring forum members i wont mention them but they know who they are in your sad little world of passiveness.

luv ya big massive kiss.

Ashley James

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Ashley James said:
I was banned here and almost immediately I appeared for no reason

IIRC yes you were banned, and almost immediately did reappear again. Several times, I think.

Ashley James said:

You're right: I really must stop coming on here spouting ludicrous claims about my products and bringing in the old tag-team partner to back me up.

Mind you, if you don't like it, maybe you should stop mixing it with the buffoons who apparently inhabit this forum, and go back to sniggering behind the bike-sheds.

Just once was I banned some years ago and never again till this time did I sign on again. There was no point.

PS. What the Mad One said too. ;)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
The Mad One said:
Oh spiny you really are the most negetive,boring,argumentative **** sorry chap ive ever known,oh did i say BORING forum member i have ever come across.

please just stick with your other boring forum members i wont mention them but they know who they are in your sad little world of passiveness.

Your signature says it all, inevitably: summoned by bells, or did your bleeper go off to have you running down to the scout-hut to receive orders?

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh here we go now your gonna diss country's i love wales its got the best scenery in the whole wide world.

saddo

like i said f-ing luv for your pasiveness.

huge kiss and a bit more.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
as there's no private message option on this forum think of this as a private message:

this one:

spiny norman said:
Oh dear: are you sure they're in phase?

Assembly errors in either the internal wiring of the speakers or the cables used to connect them to the source could make one speaker out of phase with the other. Of course, I'm not suggesting this would even happen with AVI speakers, as we all know they are created by gods, who are by their very nature infallible; I'm just making the point that it's perfectly possible even for active speakers (yes, I know, incredible, isn't it?) to be out of phase.

is not the first time when you try to be funny and your not.. watch some stand ups, live some life, learn few things, accept that comedians are first friendly and then funny and above all justy simply shut up and stop leaving your infantile comments under my posts since you know I'm an Avi user.. I've said that before to you and I say this again: if you have issues look for professional help.. this message got nothing to do with who owns/ use what and is simply and not only my reaction to twats on this forum.

TRENDING THREADS