Paradigm pdr 10 series set up suggestions

dayglowred7

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello all , I have had this sub since around 1997 it a 100watt 10" rear ported design. Original instruction manual lost.

The cossover is 50hz to 150hz I have it set halfway , but not sure if thats the correct position for home cinema and music .

It does not drown my room in bass but does not exactly rattle it either.

I used my amp on auto calibrate set the sub controls to full , frequency and crossover and then let the amp sort it out .

Then turned the frequency and crossover down to the half way point .

Whether or not this is the correct way to set it up or not is what I want to know

Sub is connected via a 1m rca lead via LFE input .

It sounds ok with dvds not intruding too much at all , just underpinning the soundtrack nicely.

I really dont have anything with huge bass to test it with , apart from my rock music AC/DC and Killswitch Engage , Motorhead bluray.

Any help would be great thanks.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi dayglowred7
I had a Paradigm PDR-10 before my current B&W subwoofer.
In their day they were a good bit of kit.
For the best results I could get, I set the crossover on 120hz (remembering LFE has dedicated signal up to 120Hz) & the volume / gain half way, then run the amp set up. The amp usually set the volume too low for my liking so I turned the gain on the amp up rather than on the Sub by around 3-4db, this works well for me & the B&W is pretty much the same.

Best regards ...

dayglowred7

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks F1 only, seems I have tried a couple of set up routines , setting both the frequncey response and crossover point at halfway 100hz there abouts , so when I do this the sony amp sets it too loud .

I have set them both at full and the sony sets it too low so , thanks to your advice give this a shot .

I guess 120hz be around the 2 0'clock positon on the dial as theres only larger increments for reference , since 150hz is 4,o'clock not perfect but can't be that far out .

Cheers dayglowred7 :grin:

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If your receiver has sub cross over settings use these.
Take the subs cross over out of the equation by turning it to maximum or bypass. If it has a phase control set to 0. Turn the subs gain to approx 10 o'clock position.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts