panasonic TH-50PZ81B or keep my panasonic TH-50PZ70B

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had my plasma tv for nearly a year now

however i have seen the new model TH-50PZ81B advertised

and wondered if it warranted upgrading from my TH-50PZ70B panel.

Any help would be gratefully received

Regards

Gary

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Really want to upgrade after just a year?.
emotion-8.gif
I have had my tv for about a year px80 but i don't intend to change it for at least 5 years or more.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
No i would keep with what you've got, because in March Panasonic are planning on bring out their newer models, at a cheaper price for a 50" screen than the PZ81B. Panasonic TX P50X10 is advertised at Direct tv's for £899 and boasts a few new features, so you will get 2009 range instead of 2008 at a better value.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
happychappy69:
I have had my plasma tv for nearly a year now

however i have seen the new model TH-50PZ81B advertised

and wondered if it warranted upgrading from my TH-50PZ70B panel.

Any help would be gratefully received

Regards

Gary

Id say definately keep your 50pz70, ive got the pz700 & i would of had it 2yrs come june & ive still no intensions of trading just yet for at least another couple of years.

Youve a great plasma there happychappy you should enjoy it, & i think personally the 700 range "cosmetically" is the best theyve produced & to me there isnt much difference in terms of PQ between the two sets, whatever differences you can see wouldnt warrant an upgrade anyhow, my opinion of course.

A

Anonymous

I also have a PZ70, and I am very happy with it for the moment. The only reason why I would upgrade is that it does not really accept 24 fps. But again, I can live with it for the moment.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
EMSKY1:reason why I would upgrade is that it does not really accept 24 fps. .
Yes this is true, forgot to mention this feature ! Im the same as you as im not to bothered at the min about this, i remember reading the review in "home cinema choice magazine" about my tv & it said that "even though this plasma isnt 24fps but when pictures look this good you dont miss it" & id have to agree.

A

Anonymous

on a related topic i have a th-42PZ81B on order for over about a month now, and i'm being advised i'm unlikely ever to receive one as it has now been discontinued after only about 9 months of sales! The would make sense given another comment regarding the imminent arrival of a new range in mar'09.

TRENDING THREADS