Oppo 105 - Is it going to make a difference?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Ian986 said:
What differences are there between the 95 and the 105 ?

The 105 uses better DACs so has a higher quality analogue output, has balanced XLR outputs for the left and right channels, and the USB inputs are asynchronous.

Are the any differences to the non analogue side of things?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Ian986 said:

The 105 uses better DACs so has a higher quality analogue output, has balanced XLR outputs for the left and right channels, and the USB inputs are asynchronous.

Are the any differences to the non analogue side of things?

I said that a little wrongly really. I should have said having the better DACs will give a better D/A conversion - of course, it is then down to the quality of the analogue output which determines what you get out of the player. Balanced connections tend to give a benefit too.

One of our customers who borrowed the 105 over the weekend said that playing a CD was similar quality to his 8200CDQ. He also commented that the headphone output was particularly good.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Ian986 said:

The features of the 105 over and above those of the 95 (which were impressive in their own right, hence Home Cinema Choice magazine giving the Oppo 95 the verdict of Reference Status in its August 2011 edition) are given here http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/ecommerce/blu-ray-players/oppo-bdp-105eu.aspx

(if that link doesn't work, go to the Oppo UK website, and go to the page detailing the 105.)

D

Deleted member 2457

duaplex said:
Was saying that in regards to the quote by BigBoss

Got you.
smiley-smile.gif
I don't think they agree with it, I personally don't.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well reviews are subject to opinion, if we all agreed we would live in a very bland world. :) it will be interesting to see what they give the 105. As I recall the oppo 93 received 4 stars and the 95, 5 stars.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts