Open letter to Editor...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I think you'll find that I've entered a few more competitions than that one, Andrew (and I object to you publicly advertising the info you mine about the users of this site - especially when it's selective and used to try to discredit registered users). Also, if we're honest, I think we'd all agree that entering competions is more about getting something for nothing rather than necessarily being obsessed with what's on offer as a prize. How do you know I wouldn't have given it away as birthday/Xmas gift?

Another poster in this thread has pointed out that WHFSV typically has a small subscriber base and relies on a "dip-in, dip-out" readership; this is certainly true of me and I'm sure I can't be the only reader who sees the magazine on the shelves in WH Smith and thinks "Oh yeah, I've already got the one with the TV on the front..." Perhaps it's simply a cunning plan to drive up the subscriber base? Make the covers increasingly identical so that the only way to be certain not to miss a copy is to subscribe...?
emotion-42.gif

Thank you and goodnight. I certainly won't be back on this site, not even to try to win a television.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
SoSwishy:I object to you publicly advertising the info you mine about the users of this site

No mining involved. It's information available to any user of the site.

SoSwishy:Thank you and goodnight. I certainly won't be back on this site, not even to try to win a television.

See ya.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I got to say, I'm a little surprised how defensive and hostile the WHF staff is to this guy's comments. I really don't think the guy was being all that abrasive.

And he has a point. The TV reviews are in every single issue and it's the biggest section of every issue and all the covers do look alike due to the TV.

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:

I got to say, I'm a little surprised how defensive and hostile the WHF staff is to this guy's comments. I really don't think the guy was being all that abrasive.

And he has a point. The TV reviews are in every single issue and it's the biggest section of every issue and all the covers do look alike due to the TV.Agree.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I certainly don't consider the market/sales data i've provided as being hostile or defensive - merely an indication of why we do what we do by putting it in context.

I'd also argue that with different colours, movie stills and headlines, each cover of WHF doesn't look identical. Certainly no more so than Men's Health! (And that's the second biggest men's mag brand in the world!)

We're never going to make everyone happy , but we certainly take feedback on board, and respond to it - hence extra features in the new-look, for example.

Hopefully through the main mag, the Ultimate Guides (by their very nature more intensely focussed) and this website we can share our expertise and experience - added to by your own here and via user reviews etc - to the benefit of as broad a church as possible.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Can't be bovvered.

It's fathers day, I am watching 'Le Mans' (S McQueen 1971) listening to full on Porsche 917 and Lola sounds through the system - pure music - and I am having a fried breakfast soon before watching the British Grand Prix.

Can it get better?

So someone didn't win a telly (or whatever).

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

I certainly don't consider the market/sales data i've provided as being hostile or defensive - merely an indication of why we do what we do by putting it in context.

So right Clare, you are helpful and pleasant as usual. Some editors are more equal than others I guess...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Some have to put up with a lot more (unnecessary) provocation

And on that note, i'm locking this thread and am off to enjoy the British Grand Prix!

Until next time, keep the feedback coming
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts