new TV advice 55in wall mounted

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Dear all,

I would like some advice regarding new TV and possible sound bar. Any advice from the guru’s on here is most welcome!

I have permission from she who must be obeyed to purchase a new TV up to a 55inch maximum, as long as its wall mounted.

I currently have a separates (receiver/large speakers) but part of the deal is that they would go so the TV needs to have good sound or advice on sound bars please.

The TV will need to be mounted high up (due to radiator below) so a sound bar that’s small in footprint but big on sound if possible.

Also any advice on ‘good’ installation services, e.g. is John Lewis good?

EDIT: forgot to say total budget is around the £2.5k mark

Tim

Samsungs are very good, with even backlighting. Look at H7000 or HU7500. Both are brilliant TVs.

Yamaha soundbars are hard to beat. Also look at Philips soundbar, reviewed favourably by What Hi Fi.

John Lewis are usually excellent and reliable. So their installation service will be good as well. Where do you live?

D

Deleted member 116933

I second that i have just bought the 558500 and also have it wall mounted and its brilliant. Yes i like the curve and dont find destracting at all but i know others do .

Any samsung braket will do but I bought my braket online from an indepent reseller for £40 and holds up to 50kg and has really nice strong fixings ( the best the builder has ever seen apprently) but im not to sure if i can say the companies name or not. But if you type in samsung tv brackets in google they are very close to the top.

But in regrad to you sound issue I also discovered the other night that you can pair blue tooth speakers to the tv in the sound options which would blow most sound bars out of the water. The dail kubiks for instance might able to be used. Not sure if you can connect a blue tooth sub as well but i think the kubiks have asubwoofer output on them. Its defferenetly worth a chat with your local dealer to see if that can be demonstrated as that may be another oprtion you could look at.

I do say the sonys are better in this regard (sound that is) and im pretty sure you can a buy a matching blue tooth sub to match there currrent tv's (dont quote me on that though) and will preoably sound as good as most sound bars on the market. so again a good option.

But in my view samsunge all the way at the moment. Hope that helps.... sorry in advance for spelling and grammer im pretty bad at it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts