Question Yet Another poor soul looking for HELP on deciding on a 65" TV ?

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hey folks, yes it's Me yet AGAIN looking for you folk's great insight into All things Hi-Fi ,Home Cinema etc..

My Great Panasonic TV is now starting to die, the sound is a mess and the picture too.
I NEED to be buying a new TV and I seem stuck somehow, going by MANY a Write-ups on TV's upon the LG Brand.
I am after a 65" TV and need advice as to What TV's to be looking at. My cost Cannot go above £1.5K.... as THIS is what I have sweet-talked my wife into being alright with spending.

Please Help ...

Do you watch a lot of TV with static channel logos, or a lot of sport? If so, might be worth bearing in mind stories of OLED screen burn. Had my LG OLED for the best part of three years now and no issues, but we don't watch much sport, no Sky logos etc.

I get the impression that OLED still outperforms other technologies, but it also seems more expensive.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Do you watch a lot of TV with static channel logos, or a lot of sport? If so, might be worth bearing in mind stories of OLED screen burn. Had my LG OLED for the best part of three years now and no issues, but we don't watch much sport, no Sky logos etc.

I get the impression that OLED still outperforms other technologies, but it also seems more expensive.
Hey there 12th Monkey,
I don't watch a lot of tv with static images, and no more sport than most but I Have read about OLED screen-Burn and to be honest it still worries me. My old Pana plasma tv was a great servant and it's picture was Fab but I got the dreaded screen burn-in from using my computer too often though the picture Was great for around the five years mark.
Do you reckon that LG is better than the likes of Samsung or Sony even Panasonic when it comes down to the picture quality ?
What annoyed me was reading a lot about a few tv's only to find out in the end of their write-ups that they were not good to view from at an angle, sigh !

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
bigboss,
My friend You have been so helpful for me a good few times in years gone by. I now a days sadly cannot get along to Glasgow Richer Sounds which would be the closest though I have been there many times in the past.
Same reason to your good self Symples. Three lower spinal ops later and here I am, heck, I have become 'housebound' sadly, sigh ! (very painful)
Just looking for ... as one would say, best bang for your buck kinda idea tbh.

I was thinking that the £1.5K would be enough to get me (lol, us) a right good picture first and foremost to be watching movies and some football on.

Just looking for some good advice tbh as I cannot venture to go look at set-ups sadly.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hey there once again my friend.
I eventually got around to thinking about this 'burn-in' issue and to be perfectly honest with you bigboss
I really do not even WATCH a lot of channels that would ever give me 'burn-in'.
The Sony BRAVIA XR65X90LU is certainly a cracking TV but I ended up going for the Samsung S90 after write-up such as this : https://www.t3.com/reviews/samsung-s90c-review
This Sammy : The S90C uses the latest version of Samsung’s 4K Neural Quantum Processor.
I am 60 on the 17th December and my wife has kindly bought me this TV (cool beans) FROM Costco which had a £200.00 - £300.00 discount on this TV AND a half price deal on a couple of soundbars, it HAS been bought but I have to wait to find out as to which one, lol.

Thanks ever so much for helping me bigboss You sent me out there on the TV Adventure, Cheers !

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboss

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Cheers pal and having bought from Costco I have a 30 day trial to see if I like it, the ONLY thing Annoying my brain is that I again read some views on the Sony Bravia XR65X90LU which you put me onto and It Also seems such a cracking TV.
Thanks so much bigboss again for your input and helping me.

Reactions: bigboss

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts