New site: known issues

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

scene

I'm having fun with the online/offline spot...

The hover function works (listing on or off line) - which is good, but the colour appears resolutely grey. Except on my iPad, where it does turn green for online users. Hmmm.

I checked Opera, IE & SeaMonkey (Mozilla) and they keep the spot grey.

Oh, hang on. They are different spots: user_offline.png & user_online.png. One is pale grey, the other dark grey. Odd that on the iPad it's green...

scene

The_Lhc said:
scene said:
Oh, hang on. They are different spots: user_offline.png & user_online.png. One is pale grey, the other dark grey. Odd that on the iPad it's green...

It's green for me on Chrome...

That's interesting. If you right-click on the green spot, and then look at its properties, what does it say its source is?

When I do it on the "dark-grey" spot it shows as: http://cdn.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/modules/whathifi_advanced_forum_style/styles/whathifi/images/user-online.png

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
The_Lhc said:
scene said:

That's interesting. If you right-click on the green spot, and then look at its properties, what does it say its source is?

When I do it on the "dark-grey" spot it shows as: http://cdn.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/modules/whathifi_advanced_forum_style/styles/whathifi/images/user-online.png
it's user_online.png.

scene

The_Lhc said:
scene said:
The_Lhc said:
scene said:

it's user_online.png.

What's the full path, BTW?

John Duncan

The_Lhc said:
scene said:

Probably cacheing on whatever browser you happen to be on. The cdn has been flushed so it should serve up the new green spot OK, but if it's been cached in your browser it might not...

scene

John Duncan said:
The_Lhc said:
scene said:

Probably cacheing on whatever browser you happen to be on. The cdn has been flushed so it should serve up the new green spot OK, but if it's been cached in your browser it might not...

It's not caching on my browser - but I suspect there is a very real possibility that it is cached on the company's proxy servers.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I would quote Andrew and John's response to my post if I could, but... John, I'm actually very sympathetic. I write software for a living including web applications. Believe me, I know what you're up against. But let's face it, there's not getting around the painful v1.0 phase. And it will ulitimately take months to feret out the nagging problems. But you'll get there, one bug at a time.... Hmm... make a good band name... :)

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
:~ Hi John,Although I can now write in the comment box,it will not let me post,with rich-text enabled and can"t add a smiley with rich-text on either.Now using IE9 AND IE8.Hope this helps mate.I take it save means the same as the old Post ?

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
slewis said:
No problem from my end & i'm useing IE8.

I think there is a fair few people having problems with the site and IE8.

Perhaps its Micro$oft getting their own back for the site moving away from a micro$oft platform. :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
xtsili said:
and a minor correction of grammatical nautre: the plural of "forum" is "fora" to be precise.

And a minor correction of a spelling nature: I think you mean nature, not nautre.

In English, as opposed to Latin, 'forums' is as acceptable as 'fora', xtsilum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts