New site: known issues

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

vinod_david said:
I've no idea Mr E, like how they vanished now!

Bit like 40 of my post count - yesterday afternoon then. I also still can't use any of the top smileys too.
smiley-frown.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

aliEnRIK said:
Not sure if this is just me or what, but ive posted a new thread in the 'home cinema' section, but cant edit the post?

Yep, i am pretty sure there is no edit option anymore, which can be abit of a worry.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
aliEnRIK said:
Not sure if this is just me or what, but ive posted a new thread in the 'home cinema' section, but cant edit the post?

Yep, i am pretty sure there is no edit option anymore, which can be abit of a worry.
smiley-smile.gif

Well, i thought the option had gone, but i have just gone back to confirm that on one of my previous posts and the edit option did work, so perhaps it is just you.
smiley-smile.gif

idc

Some observations -

I can edit my posts, even the ones replied to.

The logged in/out blobs have disappeared.

I find it irritating that unless a post has been replied to since I last went in, I cannot go straight to the last post.

If I post at the bottom of a page (as in it will be the last post on that page) whn I post the message I get taken to the next page (which has no posts) and have to go back a page to see mine.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
vinod_david said:
Austin/JD/Mr E:

Please bring back the little 'red/green' blob.

1. Austin is on holiday
2. JD is no longer with us
3. Mr E has no idea why it vanished, and thus even less idea how to restore it
4. It's hardly the end of the world

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I can't change my avatar. I've tried several times but the current pic keeps popping back or deletes altogether. I've also uploaded my new pic (which is a jpeg 85 x 68 px, 2.1 KB) to photobucket but can't see a way of using any link from that. I also tried deleting all the whathifi cookies, logged back in but still no joy.

scene

Andy Clough said:
Yup, aware it's gone, not sure why, tech team has been notified but a bit under-staffed this week. Will get it restored when we can.

JD's long term plan to get brought back as a highly paid consultant on a day rate has started then, with the slow acting virus initiated when his admin account was disabled finally kicking in and starting to corrupt the forums ;)

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
gpi said:
I can't change my avatar. I've tried several times but the current pic keeps popping back or deletes altogether. I've also uploaded my new pic (which is a jpeg 85 x 68 px, 2.1 KB) to photobucket but can't see a way of using any link from that. I also tried deleting all the whathifi cookies, logged back in but still no joy.

OK, I'll stick with the one I've got. :(

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
John Duncan said:
scene said:
JD's long term plan to get brought back as a highly paid consultant on a day rate has started then, with the slow acting virus initiated when his admin account was disabled finally kicking in and starting to corrupt the forums ;)

Mwahahahahaha (etc)

Quite enough of that John! Shouldn't you be spending more time with your Naim Uniti?
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Just emailing you because I can still only post with Rich Text Disabled...is this a problem with the new forum using explorer 8?

I cant actually post post copied pictures into the forums...i.e. what are you listening to.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Jason36 said:
Just emailing you because I can still only post with Rich Text Disabled...is this a problem with the new forum using explorer 8? I cant actually post post copied pictures into the forums...i.e. what are you listening to.

There is a problem in Explorer 8 - see here for details. And you can only post pictures hosted elsewhere: see here for more on that.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
gpi said:
gpi said:

OK, I'll stick with the one I've got. :(

Guess we'll have to!

The annoying thing is that a new avatar shows up fine in your account settings but doesn't transfer on to the forum page.

John Duncan

Andrew Everard said:
Jason36 said:
Just emailing you because I can still only post with Rich Text Disabled...is this a problem with the new forum using explorer 8? I cant actually post post copied pictures into the forums...i.e. what are you listening to.

There is a problem in Explorer 8 - see here for details. And you can only post pictures hosted elsewhere: see here for more on that.

To be more accurate, there's a problem *with* IE8/9, in that Microsoft are still incapable of building a browser that works... Turn on compatibility mode (as in 'compatibility with the real world') and it works fine. Alternatively, resizing the text window makes it editable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts