New reciever max £400 any ideas?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a pair of Q acoustic 1050i currently being used in a stereo setup with a technics su-a900mk2, a pair of 1010i wall mounted at the rear of the room for light listening and a 1000c center speaker which someone gave me but doesnt get used as Im running a stereo setup. I am looking to order the bk xls200 sub and this has got me thinking into moving from stereo to 5.1.

My setup will then consist of the Q acoustics 1050i fronts 1010i rears 1000c center and the BK xls200 subwoofer. Im looking for a 5.1 reciever to go with this but want something that can give me the warm stereo sound im used to from the technics. Seems Onkyo is the most obvious choice but wanted to know if there are others I should consider and if the setup will sound any good? my room is smallish at 11x15 feet and I do like my music/movies loud. Also is the sub a good choice with my speakers? I know its a sealed enclosure which will give it a tight bass but not so sure how well that will be at producing low bass lines?

any help is appreciated.

A

Anonymous

G'day Mohsin, yes, the Onkyo TX-SR606 is indeed the most obvious choice for a maximum burgdet of 400GBP. It is not the most musical of A/V Receivers, but it is reasonable.

Otherwise, What Hi Fi seems to be impressed with the new crop of Yamaha A/V Receivers. I cannot remember the model name and number but I think there is a 400GBP-priced Yamaha A/V Receiver which scooped up a 5-star review recently, and is apparently very musical, but has not got quite as many features as the Onkyo.

A

Anonymous

Check the link below, mate.

http://whathifi.co.uk/Review/Yamaha-DSP-AX763/

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yeah the Yamaha AX863SE would be a good choice at £495 5 star award tested at £800, or a choice of two Denons, the current 1909 at £450 or the older 2808 at £400 was oringinally £900.Note that 2808 has only 2 hdmi sockets as opposed to 3 on the Yamaha and Denon 1909. 2808 sounds fantastic at that price but may depend on how many inputs yor require.

A

Anonymous

I was going to buy the 606 but after auditioning it in my local dealers demo room, I ended up spending less money and buying the Sony 820. It sounds and looks a lot better - to my ears at least.

TRENDING THREADS