Need a new interconnect...which one?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I need a new interconnect for my cd to amp as I am using the brilliance synergy and chord chameleon silver plus for my dino and turntable. But which one? What do you guys think of Atlas Titan or Navigator? I want to spend about £60-£80 (brand new or second hand). Any suggestions?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm very happy with my two pairs of Titans. They replaced a Kimber Silver Streak, not a cheap cable itself and the sound is so much more natural. The Kimber was lean and fast, the Titan is an altogether more rounded cable, but still retaining that detail.

Oh RIK. I paid £82 all in, for each pair of my brand new 0.5m Titans on eBay. I think you'll have to hurry to get these deals though gbhsi1, as supplies are drying up.

EDIT: There's a 0.75m pair on eBay for £95 inc. P&P. Brand new. 1m pairs are around £108.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Chris. Thats exactly what I thought of my RA too.

Ive been trying to find OCC copper interconnects for a decent price (Profigold do some component cables which might suffice)

Very few companies seem to do them cheap so the titan is taking my fancy at the moment

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Alright gh. I would look at getting either another Brilliance Synergy or Chord and pair them up on the Dino. For a TT you want cables with the lowest capacitance value, the lower the value the easier the signal flow. A cart has a very low out put so also keep the interconnect as short as possible, 1M max. For the two cables you have the BS has a value of 57 and can't find any spec on the Chord it could be worth dropping them an email to find out what the capasitance is and go from there.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

gbhsi1:What do you guys think of Atlas Titan or Navigator?

Atlas Navigator should be fine with your system. There are 0.75 metre pairs on Fleabay for £66 brand new, as well as a selection of other sizes.
emotion-1.gif

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Just purchased the Navigator 0.75m for £66.00. Just missed out on Russ Andrews Crystal CU interconnect on fleabay. Oh well, the Atlas will impress :)

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
If you can get the Atlas Titan at a good price, get it! Great interconnect that really lets the music flow through. I thought it was a quite definite improvement over that of the Navigator (I borrowed both for comparison).

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ive just bought the titan for my cd player

Be interesting to see what differences there are

I swopped my van damme blue XLRS last week for standard vd phono LC-OFC and theres been a definite improvement (Possibly due to my amp, still not fully got to the bottom of that one yet)

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
Ive just bought the titan for my cd player

Be interesting to see what differences there are

I swopped my van damme blue XLRS last week for standard vd phono LC-OFC and theres been a definite improvement (Possibly due to my amp, still not fully got to the bottom of that one yet)
I have just received the Navigator 0.75m but I have not had a chance to listen to any cd's as yet. Will do this Thursday and report back if I like it or not. This is competing with what I had connected to the CD player previously (Chord silver plus and Brilliance synergy) Cable is purple in colour..would of preferred any colour but purple but I knew that before buying anyway - ha ha...but it does look the business :) Who has tried the navigator here?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:I have just received the Navigator 0.75m but I have not had a chance to listen to any cd's as yet. Will do this Thursday and report back if I like it or not.

Mines hopefully arriving wednesday (Put it on hold as I was away for a week)

Mine will be a comparison between LC-OFC (My Linear Crystal van damme) and titan which has a single pure run of copper without grain. It should be a step up on technicalities alone, without adding any of the weird 'frequency changes' a lot of the other named cables do

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:
Any update on your Titan purchase RIK?

Definitely allowed more detail through than my van damme LC-OFC. But as ive recently fitted some profigold OCC interconnects inbetween my amps and changing from quad amped to biamped and single wired then ill hold off talking about true differences until im happy with how everything else is set up.

(Ive cheated with the profigold as theyre actually component cables which I found really cheap. But its possible theyve been attenuated for tv use so im trying to determine if im happy with them first)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts