mordaunt short premiere

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
wondering if anyone has the mordaunt short premiere surround sound speakers? would like to know what you think as seen some for 150 just for the speakers and am considering

A

Anonymous

As satellite speakers in a sub/sat system, they're as good as any in that price range and when they were current, they were about £450, but that included the 309 sub and 304 centre. In this setup, they won several awards.

However, they wouldn't be much good without a sub, as they only go down to 100HZ frequency wise. You're looking at about £200 for a sub, unless you already have one; that's £350 in total. At that price you have other options for a full 5.1 kit in the discounted Q Acoustics 1010i or the similarly priced Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP kit.

Also, what amp would you be using them with? the MS speakers are bright sounding and work best with warmer amps such as Yamaha or Denon.

A

Anonymous

hi i bought these very speakers at the price you mention. when i first wired them up i was dissapointed with their sound, but i decided to persevere and ran them in by just letting the tuner play all day. and after about 40 hrs wow what a differance, but they are still bright sounding and you will need a sub. i have seen some wharfdale sw150 subs on flea bay for £170 (5 star award winner) which would probably work well with these.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts