Mordaunt Short 5.1 dilemna

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I like the sound of the MS 5.1 Avant package I have heard (2x MS 902i satellites, 905i centre, 2x 903i rear) but my TV cabinet can only take a centre speaker up to 15cms high, which rules out the 905i. Can anyone please suggest another cente speaker which will match the 902i (prepared to pay a bit more)? How about the MS Alumni or the Tannoy FC?
I have also seen the MS 914i referred to as 902i in a floorstanding box! They do not cost much more than 902i + speaker stands, so would they give a bigger, richer sound?

I actually heard the MS 5.1 with the Tannoy TS12 sub - the dealer said this was so much better than the MS 309i that it was not worth hearing the MS sub. But now I see that the MS 309i is highly rated in What HiFi? Any views on their relative strengths please?

A

Anonymous

Get the 905i cos it will be the exact match to the 902's and therefore intergrate seamlessly, I should know as i have them.
You can get them on ebay and there is one on there now as I speak.

Oh yeh, make it fit by wall mounting it try this: www.cheapestelectrical.co.uk then in search on the site type Vogels TVA2046. only silver available though.

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Oh yeh also, the 309 sub is awesome for the price and really kicks out the movies. I seen it for 169.95 here type this in the browser: https://www.forumhifivisual.co.uk/Speakers/Subwoofers/MORDAUNT_SHORT_AVANT_309i_SUBWOOFER_1655.html.
I bought from here before and they alright.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnM"]I like the sound of the MS 5.1 Avant package I have heard (2x MS 902i satellites, 905i centre, 2x 903i rear) but my TV cabinet can only take a centre speaker up to 15cms high, which rules out the 905i. Can anyone please suggest another cente speaker which will match the 902i (prepared to pay a bit more)? How about the MS Alumni or the Tannoy FC?
I have also seen the MS 914i referred to as 902i in a floorstanding box! They do not cost much more than 902i + speaker stands, so would they give a bigger, richer sound?

I actually heard the MS 5.1 with the Tannoy TS12 sub - the dealer said this was so much better than the MS 309i that it was not worth hearing the MS sub. But now I see that the MS 309i is highly rated in What HiFi? Any views on their relative strengths please?

[/quote]

How about a new cheap cabinet?

I have a 46" LCD on this £50 stand http://tinyurl.com/6pv7lm

On the bottom shelf I have an Onkyo 705 on the left. On the right I have a Toshiba EP35, Humax 9200T and Pace Sky box stacked. On the middle shelf, in the middle, I have the 905i centre and a Panasonic BD30 fits on top of that in the gap.

I have the 916i floorstanders and they really kick out the bass :)

A

Anonymous

Yeh I heard they good but I want the 908i's with the subs inside em but I think they will dominate my small room too much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts