Have i made a mistake? Im worried. Denon DM37DAB + Mordaunt short 902i HELP!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Wow, this guy is getting the full treatment. Its like a personal online hi fi fitment. Lucky boy.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
roblikeshismusic:
yeah a few others are mentioning the diamond 9.1's.

It terms of stands i could put them in my room but they would take up even more floor space, plus the place where i would put them wouldn't be the right listening area. i doubt stands would work unless i shuffled some things around but even so... you need to see pictures or a diagram of my room really.

Well get shuffling! BEST improvement you'll ever make.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If you've not the room for speaker stands then dont try and force them into the space you have.

The 2020's sound good on their dedicated wall brackets so if you're speakers are on wall brackets currently and you'd like to keep them that way; then do that but with the Q Acoustics own brackets!

Yes; standmount speakers DO sound at their best when on stands but if that isnt a possibility then leave it until you can have dedicated stands.

Speaker stands come in different heights; the most popular being 500 and 600mm; some even go up to 1m but you need the height that is right for the tweeter to be at ear height or close as you can IF you sit down to listen to your music (i.e. having the speakers facing straight at you or toe'd in to direct the sound towards you...)

A

Anonymous

Cidershed:Wow, this guy is getting the full treatment. Its like a personal online hi fi fitment. Lucky boy.

I know! and let me tell you now, i do appreciate it!
emotion-2.gif

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
roblikeshismusic:The only thing i want to know about stands is; are they made for cinema setups? becuase im sure its a general sort of rule that the tweeter should be at ear level of your listening position, now if your sitting down watching a film thats fine but most of my listening is done walking around, how does that work? or does it not relly matter? looks like most speaker stands don't make the tweeter meet at ear level when standing.

Check these out: http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-stands-brackets/arc/1268/arc-1268

25/65/85cm using 20/60/80cm poles. They can be mass loaded too!

As you don't have space now and listen standing up, you could use the shortest setting (20cm) on your shelf. Then when you find space use the 60/80cm option depending on the height of your sofa/listening position.

A

Anonymous

hi fi newbie:well get clicking
emotion-5.gif

you want me to take photos??? how can i post them to you? or on this forum?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
And don't forget to listen to the Customs. Not heard the Q's but best budget speaker I've personally heard with the Denon, including the 9.1's. Just checked and only £100.

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:If you've not the room for speaker stands then dont try and force them into the space you have.

The 2020's sound good on their dedicated wall brackets so if you're speakers are on wall brackets currently and you'd like to keep them that way; then do that but with the Q Acoustics own brackets!

Yes; standmount speakers DO sound at their best when on stands but if that isnt a possibility then leave it until you can have dedicated stands.

Speaker stands come in different heights; the most popular being 500 and 600mm; some even go up to 1m but you need the height that is right for the tweeter to be at ear height or close as you can IF you sit down to listen to your music (i.e. having the speakers facing straight at you or toe'd in to direct the sound towards you...)

Ok thanks!

I do like the fact that the Q Acoustics have there owned designed brackets becuase it reassures me that are designned to be on the wall and still get a good soundstage.

How are the diamond 9.1's for wall mounting?, i have the btech bt77 brackets http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT77-loudspeaker-wall-mount-black/dp/B000IGY8WC.

The 9.1's are front ported so surely i can push them right back or not worry about placement from the wall as much. Also they are curved speakers aren't they, my brackets are side clamps and are square so that could be a bit awkward ...

A

Anonymous

Sizzers:roblikeshismusic:
yeah a few others are mentioning the diamond 9.1's.

It terms of stands i could put them in my room but they would take up even more floor space, plus the place where i would put them wouldn't be the right listening area. i doubt stands would work unless i shuffled some things around but even so... you need to see pictures or a diagram of my room really.

Well get shuffling! BEST improvement you'll ever make.

Are you serious? My wardrobe weighs a ton!
emotion-3.gif
If i did do some shuffling of furniture, i can't move it about now (getting late).

I'm not really 100% keen on the shuffling around anyway..

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well if you're definitely going down the wall mount route then forget the Tannoy's as they need a bit of breathing space.

Alternative wall mount speakers are the Roth Audio OLi1's. Small, compact, and excellent.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I too have limitations on space for stands. Had the BR1s on shelves to start with, sounded pretty good. Now got them on proper wall brackets and sound really, really good. Not aimed at any particular listening point as I also tend to listen to my stuff whilst doing other things and moving around.

A

Anonymous

people keep suggesting brackets for the q acoustics 2010 .but these brackets are nowhere to be found ive being asking here for weeks about them ??????????? does any know if they are in stock anywhere ...please

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Pint: the dm37 will never be a perfect amp.

speakers beeing suggested here can be very good indeed.

I'd always change the amp in a near future.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
ear:

You really don't like the Denon do you?

A

Anonymous

barryboy98:people keep suggesting brackets for the q acoustics 2010 .but these brackets are nowhere to be found ive being asking here for weeks about them ??????????? does any know if they are in stock anywhere ...please

Superfi do them too

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/5724 :)

A

Anonymous

ear:

Yes i know that but all im looking for at the moment is a micro system within £250 and the denon seems to be the best rated. Only other one i considered was the yamaha crxd430 or some of the older onkyo micro hi fi;s. basically anything with at lesat 2 x 25w power. denon is 2 x 30w which is a bonus.

matthewpiano

roblikeshismusic:ear:

Yes i know that but all im looking for at the moment is a micro system within £250 and the denon seems to be the best rated. Only other one i considered was the yamaha crxd430 or some of the older onkyo micro hi fi;s. basically anything with at lesat 2 x 25w power. denon is 2 x 30w which is a bonus.

Of course the DM37 isn't a perfect amp. Neither is the Yamaha AX-397 ear uses, the NAD C326BEE I use, the C355BEE Dan is getting or even the Naim Nait 5i that Chebby has. It is a ridiculous statement.

For the money, volume control increments notwithstanding, the little Denon is outstanding.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:roblikeshismusic:ear:

Of course the DM37 isn't a perfect amp. Neither is the Yamaha AX-397 ear uses, the NAD C326BEE I use, the C355BEE Dan is getting or even the Naim Nait 5i that Chebby has. It is a ridiculous statement.

For the money, volume control increments notwithstanding, the little Denon is outstanding.

Very fair comment. thank you

A

Anonymous

I contacted Audio t and i am going there tomorrow to demo the q acoustic 2020's and wharefdale diamonds, i think they only have the 10.1's but at least it will give me an idea like someone already said.

Will post back, :)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
roblikeshismusic:
I contacted Audio t and i am going there tomorrow to demo the q acoustic 2020's and wharefdale diamonds, i think they only have the 10.1's but at least i ti will give me an idea like someone already said.

Will post back, :)

Sounds a good plan
emotion-1.gif

Let us know how you get on!

A

Anonymous

ear:try the yamaha again there and see if you dont get better detail and seperation on instruments.

Ok i will try but stock is limited or out on the 902is and yamaha crxd430 in richers so they may not have demo models.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts