maybe not the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 ...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
well for a few weeks i had pretty much made my mind up on the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 to go with the yamaha 763 amp.

basicly im getting the amp next week and then get the speakers end of feb/march need to save up :/

from what ive been reading the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 are really good for the price and as a package, i seen the review for the sub on its own and it got quiet a poor review tbh, now i have been thinking of maybe putting together my own 5.1 speaker setup as i would really like two floor standings at the front also i could get the them + amp+sub straight away and setup a 2.1 till i can afford the other 2 rear speakers + the centre speaker so far i have these in mind:

TOTAL: £491.08 inc vat and delivery

for 90 quid extra not too shabby or would they not be compatable? any potential problems?

hope to here your views peeps thanks Adam.

Hi Adamg64

I think you'll find you haven't read any reviews of the Q Acoustics 1000Si subwoofer on its own. The review you have seen refers to the original 1000S model. When we upgraded to the 'i' (improved) models, we completely revamped the subwoofer. To be frank, the only parts that were carried forward are the cabinet and the rear terminal panel. The current 1000Si subwoofer benefits from a far better bass driver, more powerful and dynamic power amplifier and superior crossover.

The reviews of the upgraded system singled out the vast improvements that had been made to the subwoofer -- and of course, we are the very proud holders of What HI-FI?'s 'Best 5.1 Speaker package under £750' for three years running.

I'm biased of course, but I'm confident you would be both delighted and absolutely astonished by the performance and build quality of the 1010i Home Cinema package.

Best regards,

Steve Reichert - PR Manager, Armour Home

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'll echo that having heard the Q Acoustics package - it is excellent.

The self made package might work, though without listening to it, it's impossible to say. Like anything in this industry, it's very easy to put together a theoretical system that should sound fantastic. Unfortunately, the theory and the practice quite often don't match, and a theoretically fantastic system sounds dreadful. So by all means go to a dealer and audition your setup and, if it sounds great, buy it and report back. But for goodness sakes don't buy blind assuming it will be okay because each individual component got a good review - unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Very happy with 1010i setup, and if you're keen to have floorstanders at the front, add some 1030/1050(i) and make a 7.1 system. They all integrate very well, and the sub is great.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Just to 'echo' what 'shuggieb' wrote above this.......the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker system is an excellent set up. Admittedly I have just upgraded the front speakers to the 1030i floor standers...........

WOW, WHAT AN UPGRADE IT TURNS OUT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!

Highly recommended upgrade to anyone who has a big(ish) room to fill with sound, or are using the speaker package for 2 channel stereo usage too.

If you want to buy the package with the 1030i straight away look at the following links:

http://www.quantumelectronics.co.uk/acatalog/Q_Acoustics_System_Builder.html

or:

http://www.exceptional-av.co.uk/product.php?fdProductId=119

I use my Q Acoustics with the Onkyo 606, and have the 1030i bi-amped, rather than using the extra 1010i's, from the front, as rear speakers. They may just end up on a well known aucton site!!!

Hope that helps...............

A

Anonymous

hey pete

thanks for the advise and i am going for the onkyo606 + 1010i's just b4 i take the plunge and purchase it all as you have an identical system to the one i want how good is this setup on low volumes?

i just keep having a horrible feeling that i buy it and its gona shake my flat like crazy and anoy my neighbours loads which would just make me not use it all :(

any advise i would be very grateful.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Adam,

It's fine at low volumes - just watch out for that sub-it can knock out some bass.

But saying that, that is what a sub is for!!! But you can always use the 'late night mode' on the onkyo if using dolby digital and trueHD settings. It cuts the bass and dynamics down, so is perfect for your situation.

If your going to use it at low volumes only, the 1010i's at the front will be perfect, rather than the upgrade I did with the 1030i.

They knock out a monster sound!!!

Hope that helps.....

A

Anonymous

How do these handle music, i've got an old Yamaha DSP-AX757SE.
A good match? Or any other suggestions for a 5.1 or 6.1 set up that are not too big but can handle music and movies in a 6.5 x 5.5m room for music and movies to go with my present amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts