Monitor Audio Radius 270 HD

phildouf

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
They look nice but how do they sound as stereo speakers. Would they match my CA 650 combo? how do they compare to their sisters RX6?

Unfortunately there is no What Hifi test.

Any experience?

To spare the obvious question I have no way to listen to them in my area.

Thank you

Philippe

A

Anonymous

Hi phillipe,

If you are after some serious speakers for your set up then the RX6's are a totaly different beast to the 270HD which are really meent to be the fronts in a Monitor Audio surround set up........

If you can afford them the the RX6's or the RX 2's will give you superb stereo sound........for years to come.......

D

Hi Philippe

If space and style are at a premium than the R270HD's at this this price will do the trick nicely. For their design concept the R270HD's are also sound very good.

However as brittondave has also pointed out Monitor Audio's normal hi-fi speakers such as the Silver RX2's and RX6's will outperform the R270HD's by quite a margin.

Btw, all three designs will work with your Cambridge components.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

phildouf

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Thank you both.

I forgot to tell that it is for a small room something like 4 meters by 5. So space is important and the style of the radius seems to be OK for my wife.

So my next question is : would the difference in sound be noticeable in a small room where heavy bass can be rapidly annoying?

But maybe it is not only a matter of bass

Thank you again

Philippe

A

Anonymous

Hi!

My surround setup is the MA HD series all way around with the 270 as the front left and right. When my Yamaha pumps out music in stereo direct mode they sound great to me, and I don't use a sub (live in a flat).

So, IMHO I'd say go for it! The small compromise in sound is more than made up for the style (and the sound is good anyway!). And, in my case, my wife likes them too ;)

A

Anonymous

looks like you have a winner philippe.........I am a big fan of Monitor Audio ...In my opinion they make beautiful turned out and sounding speakers. I also own some of the radius hd range and they are excellent........

It sounds like the 270's will deliver what you and your wife both want....

job done......

Hi Philippe

You'll be fine with the R270HD speakers.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS