Monitor Audio Radius 270 Speakers

KevinM

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
Back in 2018 I bought a Monitor Audio Radius speaker system consisting of 2 x Radius 90 (and Radius stands), 1 x 200 Centre Speaker and 1 x 380 subwoofer.

I play music as well as TV and film audio though my system.

As far as I'm concerned, overall sound quality matched my realistic expectations and has been excellent but I'd like to see if it's possible to improve things, especially the base when playing music in stereo.

Because there are others to take into account I am compromised for space. So much so that even the Silver 200's might look out of place.

I have a couple of questions and would much appreciate thoughts and feedback:

Are the 270 floor standers a noticeable step up from the 90's?

And it looks to me as though the current 270 range has been out for some time. I also have noticed that Richer Sounds have none of the Gloss Black 270's in Stock and Peter Tyson say '... available to order'.

Might this indicate that the Radius range is about to be revised?

Thanks

Back in 2018 I bought a Monitor Audio Radius speaker system consisting of 2 x Radius 90 (and Radius stands), 1 x 200 Centre Speaker and 1 x 380 subwoofer.

As far as I'm concerned, overall sound quality matched my realistic expectations and has been excellent but I'd like to see if it's possible to improve things, especially the base when playing music in stereo.

Because there are others to take into account I am compromised for space. So much so that even the Silver 200's might look out of place.

And it looks to me as though the current 270 range has been out for some time. I also have noticed that Richer Sounds have none of the Gloss Black 270's in Stock and Peter Tyson say '... available to order'.

Thanks
I thought the Radius range was defunct....

Thanks
What you really need is a good subwoofer. You're compromised by your Radius 380 subwoofer with only 8-inch driver. Look at Monitor Audio Silver W-12 subwoofer if you want to stick with Monitor Audio. Otherwise look at SVS SB2000 / SB2000 Pro.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I owned the 270 and the 90s as part of a surround system. And tbh far better can had for far far less. 800 quid rrp would buy some kef metas for a 100quid more.( I’m sure if you asked politely a deal could be done on the price)

If you can accommodate them in I’d look towards the bronze range for a more room filling sound and they sound better.

but it’s horse for courses

KevinM

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
What you really need is a good subwoofer. You're compromised by your Radius 380 subwoofer with only 8-inch driver. Look at Monitor Audio Silver W-12 subwoofer if you want to stick with Monitor Audio. Otherwise look at SVS SB2000 / SB2000 Pro.

Thanks for that. Interesting and definitely worth me considering.

KevinM

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
I owned the 270 and the 90s as part of a surround system. And tbh far better can had for far far less. 800 quid rrp would buy some kef metas for a 100quid more.( I’m sure if you asked politely a deal could be done on the price)

If you can accommodate them in I’d look towards the bronze range for a more room filling sound and they sound better.

but it’s horse for courses

The space I have is the issue. The Silver 200's are a viable alternative but it's getting them in without impacting the look of the room too much. I'll check out the Kef Metas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts