admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Been try to upgrade my speakers and I have narrow down to speakers below:

MS Mezzo 2 -£300 and Mezzo 5 - £210 ; total £510

Quad 11L2 - £389 and L center - £260 ; total £649

Quad 12L2 - £479 and L center - £260 ; total £739

My amp is Marantz PM8003 for music and Marantz SR7500 for movies, would say maybe 70% for music and 30% for movies. Any recommendation which speakers to get? Anyone have experience on speakers above? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Both the Quads and MSs are detailed, focused speakers that should suit the warmth of the Marantz.

I am extremely happy with my Quad 11L2, which bring out the best of my warm electronics; I also run a Quad L-ite system for movies and having compared it with the best similarly priced alternatives think that really is a top-notch system.

The MS price sounds very tempting, and perhaps that's your best bet - if you could audition them with your amp that would of course be best. I don't know if you have a sub or plan on adding one later, but Quad's subs are certainly superior, which may be a factor.

A

Anonymous

Ya, the MS price will be the best bargin and tempting as well compare to Quad's pricing. By the way, have you try before Quad 11L2 for movies? enough bass from the small woofer compare to the rest?

A

Anonymous

The sub in the L-ite system is impressive. Fast and taut and certainly weighty enough for my living space.

No, i have never tried the 11L2s for movies - if I ever end up with a space suitable for 7.1 surround I intend to use them as front speaers and the L-ite fronts as rear centres, at which point I will be looking to fully upgrade the stereo system.

In the mean time, what I really need is a better AV amp - one that will make more of the Quads mucisally and get the best out of the 11L2s as and when I move them across

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts