Message for Thaiman

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Thaiman

I see you had the Opera Callas Diva, do you know if positioning was important in the sound? I currently have Wilson Benesch Arc which I fine are pretty easy on positioning but was thinking of changing to the callas. Any views?

Many Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi

The best result I had with Callas Diva was about 10 inches from back wall and well clear from side wall, slightly toe in and firing across room's width, this will make the most of Opera dead acurate sound stage. I also had them closer to the back wall without any bass boom.If you needed to have them near side wall then toe in speakers more so they are almost pointing direct at you.

The Arc are class act (no pun intended) but Opera will improve the lower bass but note that I never listen to them side by side. Funny you ask the question because at the time I had a chance to buy a pair of Arc at a good price but op for Callas Diva mainly because they have more soul! The other pair that you should look out for around this price is Acoustic Zen Adagio, not fussy about positioning and tonal balanced from top to bottom.....If I have to sell my ART Emotion signature, the Adagio will be the most welcome (back) pair in my listening room.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman

Did you ever listen the non Signature Emotions?

Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
No
emotion-11.gif

I know many owners that end up paid for the signature upgrade after bought the standard pair so I went for the Signature Demo. Apparantly, they have a very similar charactor but less resolution if that is the case then they are still a great buy, the resolution of speakers always limited to what come out from electronics so if you are not plan to upgrade yours in the near future I bet they are a good match with your Plinuis/Leema (admittedly, they love tubes more than solid state)

The tweeters fitted (SEAS) are still regards as one the best in the world, they are also use with Higher end of Kudos speakers (range start from the tiny standmount cost around £2500!) SEAS are known for extream details but without any glare, smooth as you like, they will make the highly regarded beryllium-domed sound harsh in comparison. The standard Emotion are retails at £5K so they are already in a one up level (£ per sound) from your ARC.

Good luck and if you have any more question, please ask away
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I have seen a good price on a pair of Signatures......I am tempted.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
wickerman68:Thanks, I have seen a good price on a pair of Signatures......I am tempted.

I haven't even read a speakers reviews let alone thinking of demo anything else since I got my ART, that is how much I love them. I recently changed from GamuT to Mcintosh and they sound better again! Just make sure that they are the full size Emotion (13" square) and not the smaller "monitor" version though.

A

Anonymous

The deal is on a pair of the monitor version, are they not as good?

Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
wickerman68:

The deal is on a pair of the monitor version, are they not as good?

Thanks

No, they are not as good but still good if you know what I mean. If they are similar price, I guess that the full size standard Emotion would be the better buy than monitor sig pair. The 26cm mid/bass drivers of the full size emotion are the big factor of overall sound, the monitor's drivers are 18cm so you won't get the impact experienced (I would have thought!)

A

Anonymous

Thanks, my listening room is in my basement and only 4 x 4 mtrs. Would the full size speakers be OK?

Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
That room might be too small for the full size art, I think!

If you are thinking of buying from "censor's dealer's name due to I can read mod's mind" why not ask him for a home demo? For that size room you should get away with a smaller monitor signature but like I said i never heard the pair.

If he wouldn't let you have a demo, just mention me , it might help (or might not...worth a try before commit on expensive pair like that)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts