Mark on my Plasma Screen

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers. It is here, the box looks massive! I will get to work.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:

Excellent :dance:

Have fun gel and I have everything crossed, touching wood etc that it has no faults or extreme fan noise. What is your test disc of choice? The opening of The Dark Knight with those lovely iMax shots is hard to beat IMO...motion, black detail, insight, detail and colours are all sternly tested in those 10mins or so ;)

Happy viewing.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

Have fun gel and I have everything crossed, touching wood etc that it has no faults or extreme fan noise. What is your test disc of choice? The opening of The Dark Knight with those lovely iMax shots is hard to beat IMO...motion, black detail, insight, detail and colours are all sternly tested in those 10mins or so ;)

Happy viewing.

Cheers mate. All up and running and it is fab! Wow! Awesome!
smiley-laughing.gif
Not heard no buzz at all, no fan noise at all. Quiet as a mouse.

Pictures soon.

D

Deleted member 2457

It looks brilliant in my system. Black levels look extreme. A noticeable difference over the GT50.

D

Deleted member 2457

This TV is definitely better made than the GT50, you can tell it costs more. No noise from around the back, picture is looking perfect! :dance:

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
This TV is definitely better made than the GT50, you can tell it costs more. No noise from around the back, picture is looking perfect! :dance:

It is even quieter than my GT50!

D

Deleted member 2457

davidvann said:
looks like you got top notch system there gel,keep those pickys coming. :clap:

Cheers mate, appreciate it. :cheers: Will do, probably be tomorrow now for more.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

Happy viewing.

I like The Dark Knight Rises, Gone in 60 Seconds, Pear Harbor, Keane Live Blu-ray, Slash Made in Stoke, The Da Vinci Code and Toy Story. Just been spinning most of them.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Pics look lovely gel and it's great to hear you are loving it so far so long may it continue :grin:

Look forward to some more pics and a review when you get a chance and brilliant to hear you have no noise and fan issues, you must be one happy man this evening :rockout:

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Pics look lovely gel and it's great to hear you are loving it so far so long may it continue :grin:

Look forward to some more pics and a review when you get a chance and brilliant to hear you have no noise and fan issues, you must be one happy man this evening :rockout:

Cheers mate. :cheers: The motion is 4K like, really fantastic! The side speakers are good too. I like the stand being higher on this one too, definitely wider than the GT50. Normal factory settings are brilliant! Everything is looking great.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

beater said:
Nice set-up gel, good to see you are sorted, no signs of any vertical banding then as on last years models.

Cheers. :cheers: Nope, the screen is looking perfect. I have only seen a bit of football though at the moment. I try and watch some more sports today. Looks worth every penny of £1800.

D

Deleted member 2457

beater said:
Nice one, looks like a phone call for me then, as my vt50 has a 1inch band down the right hand side that really bugs me.

Where did you buy it from? Have you contacted them?

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I got it from richersounds about 10 months ago, yes I have contacted them and they said they would send out an engineer, but I had to cancel for work reasons, also I am not keen on the company they use, as they had my gt30 for repair and it was a nightmare.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
beater said:
I got it from richersounds about 10 months ago, yes I have contacted them and they said they would send out an engineer, but I had to cancel for work reasons, also I am not keen on the company they use, as they had my gt30 for repair and it was a nightmare.

I have to agree about the repair company Richer Sounds use as I had a nightmare experience with them when I had a GT30, simply rubbish repair company but I can't for the life of me remember their name now. It put me off buying a TV from Richer Sounds ever again in fact and the fight to get my money back was so difficult too from a company that prides itself on good customer service.

Best of luck getting your VT50 banding issue resolved, if that was me I simply couldn't live with it so let's hope you have a better experience this time and get a speedy resolution.

D

Deleted member 2457

beater said:

Yep, agree with Oldboy. What are you going to do then? There is a guy are here from Richer Sounds that is quite good and usually comes to the rescue for members, you could try emailing him?

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
beater said:

Yep, agree with Oldboy. What are you going to do then? There is a guy are here from Richer Sounds that is quite good and usually comes to the rescue for members, you could try emailing him?

That is what me and Oldboy did.
smiley-smile.gif

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Ive got to say, i can't thought richersounds its just the repair company they use, looks like I will just have to trust them with my pride and joy, I think I will ring richersounds customer service and let them know my concerns.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts