Mark on my Plasma Screen

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
28 days is a very good service and gives you plenty of time to try and drive the price down gel but the deal you got on the VT65 in store was a good one even without a price match, to get rid of the GT50 for £600 seems a good deal to me.

Not long to go now until the VT65 arrives, you must be chuffed mate. Great excuse to have the day off if you can ;)

I am working in the morning but will be home in the afternoon for delivery, I will set it up straight away. Can't wait.
smiley-smile.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Oldboy said:
28 days is a very good service and gives you plenty of time to try and drive the price down gel but the deal you got on the VT65 in store was a good one even without a price match, to get rid of the GT50 for £600 seems a good deal to me.

Not long to go now until the VT65 arrives, you must be chuffed mate. Great excuse to have the day off if you can ;)

I am working in the morning but will be home in the afternoon for delivery, I will set it up straight away. Can't wait.
smiley-smile.gif

Excellent :grin:

I guess you won't be judging it too much until you have run it in though? Will you post a review at some point? Nothing better than being able to set the TV up straight away rather waiting until you get home from work, I just hope it serves you well and is fault free :pray:

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:

smiley-smile.gif

Excellent :grin:

I guess you won't be judging it too much until you have run it in though? Will you post a review at some point? Nothing better than being able to set the TV up straight away rather waiting until you get home from work, I just hope it serves you well and is fault free :pray:

Yep, I will post a review straight away probably, and pictures and a YouTube video. Cheers mate. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Christmas arrives early for Mr gel tomorrow...I hope you are going to leave milk and cookies out for the delivery guys ;)

:)

Foofight

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello

just wanted to wish you all the best with the new set

after my swap to Sony W9 , I had to concede defeat and found the plasma much better all in .

I now have the vt65 and its amazing

enjoy ! :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Foofight said:
Hello

after my swap to Sony W9 , I had to concede defeat and found the plasma much better all in .

Ah nice one - cheers. :cheers: I am a bit nervous, just hoping for one buzz free and a perfect screen.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Foofight said:
Hello

what didn't you like about the Sony W9 and what was the reason for the swap?

cheers

Foofight

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
Foofight said:
Hello

cheers

Hello ,

Personally I could not get on with the clouding on the panel , the motion handling was a tad rough and to be uber critical the w9 is poor with panning shots . Dse .

i loved the look of the set but I quess it's a trade off what suits you . To me it's image quality first and features second .

If you turn on some settings within the panel you can reduce the backlight bleed but its not perfect !

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Foofight said:
rocketrazor said:
Foofight said:
Hello

cheers

Hello ,

Personally I could not get on with the clouding on the panel , the motion handling was a tad rough and to be uber critical the w9 is poor with panning shots . Dse .

i loved the look of the set but I quess it's a trade off what suits you . To me it's image quality first and features second .

If you turn on some settings within the panel you can reduce the backlight bleed but its not perfect !

image quality first all the time.

oh dear, that was on my list of potential replacements for my gt50 if I ever get the faulty thing sorted. Guess I'm gonna have to have a re think.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
gel said:
I am a bit nervous, just hoping for one buzz free and a perfect screen.

Taken delivery yet, Gel?

You'll be able to test for vertical banding/DSE by watching England put in a lacklustre performance against Ukraine tonight.

Tomorrow it is, yep football will be a good test for it. Pity I can't watch the US Open on it now. Fingers crossed now.
smiley-smile.gif

T

theflyingwasp

Congrats on the new tv gel little bit jealous love the ZT but there ain't much of a difference between the vt65 and the ZT in the dark AND u have an extra 5inch why oh why couldn't the ZT have came out at 65 in Europe.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
theflyingwasp said:
Congrats on the new tv gel little bit jealous love the ZT but there ain't much of a difference between the vt65 and the ZT in the dark AND u have an extra 5inch why oh why couldn't the ZT have came out at 65 in Europe.

I'm pretty sure gel's VT65 is 50-inch & not 65.

Yep, definitely 50inches, and I have a feeling that will look big my stand. The measurements from memory were bigger than the GT50, probably something to do with the new stand and side speakers. I am pushing the 70kg on my stand to the limit but I think it will be okay.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi gel ,good luck with your new tv,are you going to do a unboxing video ,it be like xmas for all us wanting a new tv lol,hope this tv is fault free.

D

Deleted member 2457

davidvann said:
hi gel ,good luck with your new tv,are you going to do a unboxing video ,it be like xmas for all us wanting a new tv lol,hope this tv is fault free.

Cheers mate, appreciate it. :cheers: I will see what I can do, it might just be photos of the unboxing. Videos tend to be hard to make and put them on YouTube, it normally takes me an hour for a short one!

D

Deleted member 2457

Looks like it might be a late delivery, they have till nine to deliver. I will set it up tonight.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just got a call, they will be here in 20 mins! :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts