Mark on my Plasma Screen

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

beater said:
Ive got to say, i can't thought richersounds its just the repair company they use, looks like I will just have to trust them with my pride and joy, I think I will ring richersounds customer service and let them know my concerns.

Let us know how you get on.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Agree with gel on this one. We were both forced to go further up the food chain in Richer Sounds and either of us can supply you with his details, once he gets involved a resolution is quick to arrive and we both had a positive outcome at that point.

You are doing the right thing though beater by giving them a chance to look at it first but if you aren't happy with the outcome both myself and gel can point you in the right direction, it's also worth writing to the founder Julian Richer who's contact details can be found on your receipt as that gets the wheels moving too. I got a very speedy resolution and £50 in vouchers as an apology by going down that route plus a very nice personal letter (not just a template) answering all my questions and concerns from Julian Richer himself, just a shame it had to come to that though and it has put me off I have to say.

Keep us informed with how you get on beater and I hope it gets resolved quickly.

D

Deleted member 2457

9726291030_e01ff7111c.jpg

9723067995_03864aee6b.jpg

9731953050_874cb10335.jpg

9731970936_3445132a5d.jpg

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Looks great gel :rockout:

A professional calibration would make it even better though mate ;)

I'm sure it will improve further after a run in too and I bet you can't stop watching movies at this point eh.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Looks great gel :rockout:

A professional calibration would make it even better though mate ;)

I'm sure it will improve further after a run in too and I bet you can't stop watching movies at this point eh.

Cheers mate. :cheers: Just watching Avatar at the moment, and been watching lots of others too.
smiley-smile.gif
I am not sure about calibration me, I tend to think too many things can go wrong! I have just leaped up in picture quality from my GT50 so don't feel a need for anything either. We will see though.

D

Deleted member 2457

beater said:
Thanks you both for your help, I will let you no how I get on, enjoy the tv gel.

:cheers: Appreciate it. Good luck.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I am not sure about calibration me, I tend to think too many things can go wrong! I have just leaped up in picture quality from my GT50

I'm guessing you mean things can go wrong with the TV rather than the calibration.

I can't speak on Jules' behalf, but based on my dealings with him, I'd imagine he'd look after you in the event that your calibrated TV develops a fault. You might have a chat with Jules about this, just to put your mind at rest.

It's your TV, but you'll never really know what the VT65 is capable of without setting it up properly.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
gel said:
I am not sure about calibration me, I tend to think too many things can go wrong! I have just leaped up in picture quality from my GT50

I'm guessing you mean things can go wrong with the TV rather than the calibration.

I can't speak on Jules' behalf, but based on my dealings with him, I'd imagine he'd look after you in the event that your calibrated TV develops a fault. You might have a chat with Jules about this, just to put your mind at rest.

It's your TV, but you'll never really know what the VT65 is capable of without setting it up properly.

Yep, that is the impression I have got. Yep, I might well have a word some day. Yeah I don't trust TVs, my Philips went wrong, my Pioneer went wrong, about five Panasonic's I have had have gone wrong. I just see it as a matter of time now I think! That is another reason I buy from John Lewis.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
strapped for cash said:

Correct, Strapped for cash! And gel, just waiting to be fully exploited are the VT65's extensive and precise calibration controls, better than those on any of my four televisions.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just checking out football now and all is good. :cheers: I thought it would be, the screen looked perfect. It is definitely better made than the GT50.

I suspect gel won't enjoy a properly calibrated TV as much, as he prefers the images to be a tad bright and having that "pop" or wow factor. Post calibrated images can look a bit washed out initially as your eyes are trying to adjust from pre-calibration colours.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I suspect gel won't enjoy a properly calibrated TV as much, as he prefers the images to be a tad bright and having that "pop" or wow factor. Post calibrated images can look a bit washed out initially as your eyes are trying to adjust from pre-calibration colours.

Yep, that is true. This plasma looks as bright as an LCD too!
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

It definitely looks a lot bigger this TV, it must be the stand and design. The size really hits you!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:

Actually, colours on my TV look more vibrant post-calibration. The difference is that colours appear correctly balanced and saturated, rather than oddly tinted at times. You need to get used to watching a calibrated TV to appreciate the difference.

My calibrated day mode also looks brighter than any other TV I've owned. Obviously this mode is optimised to prevent the picture from washing out in bright viewing conditions.

I think Gel would be pleasantly surprised by the results. That said, I'm certain that Gel isn't going to go the pro-cal route; so I'll stop banging on about it.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
I think Gel would be pleasantly surprised by the results. That said, I'm certain that Gel isn't going to go the pro-cal route; so I'll stop banging on about it.

Would you like me to carry on the good fight to make gel worship the one true calibration god?? :)

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Would you like me to carry on the good fight to make gel worship the one true calibration god?? :)

Well, I'm against religious worship in any context, but as your own man, Son_of_SJ, you should follow whichever path you believe leads to enlightenment.

I'm certain at this point that no amount of evangelising will change Gel's beliefs. (Which is fair enough, since it's his TV.) Like the dismissed Jehovah's Witness, you'll probably have greater success knocking on other doors.

I'm pretty sure I mixed religious metaphors in the above sentences.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Son_of_SJ said:

Well, I'm against religious worship in any context, but as your own man, Son_of_SJ, you should follow whichever path you believe leads to enlightenment.

I'm certain at this point that no amount of evangelising will change Gel's beliefs. (Which is fair enough, since it's his TV.) Like the dismissed Jehovah's Witness, you'll probably have greater success knocking on other doors.

I'm pretty sure I mixed religious metaphors in the above sentences.

This to me looks even better than the Pioneer in factory settings. I haven't touched the menu screen once, and won't. I don't think there is much to change my mind either. When I bought the GT50 I was happy as but I had seen it all before with the Pioneer 5090, now it feels like I am seeing new things on this one. It is the first step forward in TVs I have seen for 5 years, since the Pioneer.

So I am already delighted, I will see how it's going in around six months time. This TV is around 6kg heavier than the GT50 and looks better made to me, so that is a plus. I think I would have to see before and after shots and know the before shots were in normal factory settings. Perhaps some one can do that?

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
I just got back from hols, glad it's all looking splendid gel hope you enjoy your new tv :)

Cheers mate, it is really good. :cheers: My Blu-rays all look brand new, I am seeing things I have never seen before. My Blu-rays look fantastic! Just done the price match this morning and am now waiting to hear back. How are you getting on?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
I just got back from hols, glad it's all looking splendid gel hope you enjoy your new tv :)

Cheers mate, it is really good. :cheers: My Blu-rays all look brand new, I am seeing things I have never seen before. My Blu-rays look fantastic! Just done the price match this morning and am now waiting to hear back. How are you getting on?

still nothing from the retailer, but I did get a call from credit card firm, they are sending through paper work for me to fill in to send back for a decision. Glad you like the tv, you'll have to watch all your blurays again! Break a leg on the price match

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
What did you get the price match down to in the end then gel?

I have tried for it at £1469. The guy on the phone knew the company so should be fine, I have used them before.

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:

still nothing from the retailer, but I did get a call from credit card firm, they are sending through paper work for me to fill in to send back for a decision. Glad you like the tv, you'll have to watch all your blurays again! Break a leg on the price match

Cheers, you too.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts