Mark on my Plasma Screen

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
I just got back from hols, glad it's all looking splendid gel hope you enjoy your new tv :)

Cheers mate, it is really good. :cheers: My Blu-rays all look brand new, I am seeing things I have never seen before. My Blu-rays look fantastic! Just done the price match this morning and am now waiting to hear back. How are you getting on?

still nothing from the retailer, but I did get a call from credit card firm, they are sending through paper work for me to fill in to send back for a decision. Glad you like the tv, you'll have to watch all your blurays again! Break a leg on the price match

I really hope you get a full refund rocket but the silence from your retailer is shocking but then judging by how the issue has been handled up to now not entirely surprising, hopefully you get the issue resolved soon and can start again. What are you looking at as a replacement, VT65 like gel?

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:
What did you get the price match down to in the end then gel?

I have tried for it at £1469. The guy on the phone knew the company so should be fine, I have used them before.

Which means you pay how much in total if accepted?

Roughly £260.
smiley-smile.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:

I have tried for it at £1469. The guy on the phone knew the company so should be fine, I have used them before.

Roughly £260.
smiley-smile.gif

Nice work gel! That represents a proper bargain so good on you for getting it down that far :clap:

If they accept it then you will be an even happier chappy, great to hear you are enjoying the TV mate and I wish you years of happy viewing.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:

Roughly £260.
smiley-smile.gif

Nice work gel! That represents a proper bargain so good on you for getting it down that far :clap:

If they accept it then you will be an even happier chappy, great to hear you are enjoying the TV mate and I wish you years of happy viewing.

Yep, it feels like a bargain. Cheers mate. :cheers:

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Oldboy said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
I just got back from hols, glad it's all looking splendid gel hope you enjoy your new tv :)

Cheers mate, it is really good. :cheers: My Blu-rays all look brand new, I am seeing things I have never seen before. My Blu-rays look fantastic! Just done the price match this morning and am now waiting to hear back. How are you getting on?

still nothing from the retailer, but I did get a call from credit card firm, they are sending through paper work for me to fill in to send back for a decision. Glad you like the tv, you'll have to watch all your blurays again! Break a leg on the price match

I really hope you get a full refund rocket but the silence from your retailer is shocking but then judging by how the issue has been handled up to now not entirely surprising, hopefully you get the issue resolved soon and can start again. What are you looking at as a replacement, VT65 like gel?

cheers oldboy and gel,

i don't know what I'd be looking at next, don't want to drop in size so that means either going against my belief and going panasonic again with the vt65 or going to 55 inch with a Sony, Samsung or Phillips. I'd like to see the Sony in action and see what it's like

i think I'm going to go down and see the retailer on Saturday if I can see if we can get it sorted man to man :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Let us know how you get on. Didn't do anything with your email/letter then?

D

Deleted member 2457

I am selling my brand new Panasonic 3D glasses here if anyone is interested?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-projector-classified-adverts/1813481-sale-2-brand-new-panasonic-3d-glasses-ty-er3d5ma.html

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

I will get round to making a YouTube video sometime, just been a bit busy and I will take some more pictures. I am thinking about doing Batman Begins though. :p

D

Deleted member 2457

One thing though is that I am not sure my pictures do the TV justice. I am taking them with my iPhone 4S but they definitely look better in person. I will do my best though.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Glad to hear that all's good, Gel!

What's the fan noise like on your VT65? I know that more recently manufactured VT65s have the fan-fix pre-installed. If you can spot the serial number on the back of the TV, please let me know what it is (well, at least the start of the number).

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Glad to hear that all's good, Gel!

What's the fan noise like on your VT65? I know that more recently manufactured VT65s have the fan-fix pre-installed. If you can spot the serial number on the back of the TV, please let me know what it is (well, at least the start of the number).

Cheers.

Cheers mate. I can't hear the fans only when I turn it on and off, I hear them inside the TV. I can just get a glimpse of the number I think it is: FE 3360 180 (I think), does that make sense?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Cheers mate. I can't hear the fans only when I turn it on and off, I hear them inside the TV. I can just get a glimpse of the number I think it is: FE 3360 180 (I think), does that make sense?

I've been trying to find the info on which serial numbers come with the fix pre-installed, but I couldn't track it down. I'll have another browse later.

Cheers for the details.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

i got a letter today asking me to return the tv so they can run there own tests to determine if its faulty! How they expect me to get a 50" tv to them I don't know |(

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
gel said:

i got a letter today asking me to return the tv so they can run there own tests to determine if its faulty! How they expect me to get a 50" tv to them I don't know |(

Tell them they need to collect it.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

Tell them they need to collect it.

More pictures:

9804057454_9a5708b0bd.jpg

9804063225_d4526c8eb7.jpg

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

That's simply ridiculous rocket!

Do as gel said and tell them they need to collect it, who is your retailer? They can't seriously expect you to return a 50inch TV by your own means, that just seems ludicrous to me. Any luck with your card company?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
TV still looking good gel 8)

Although the image on my laptop definately won't be doing justice to the pictures despite it being a pretty good laptop, I'm sure it looks much better in the flesh...which just gave me an idea...I will check out the pics using my TV browser as the image will be far more accurate.

Just glad you are happy with the TV mate and long may it continue...get a video up if you can though :grin:

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Oldboy said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

Do as gel said and tell them they need to collect it, who is your retailer? They can't seriously expect you to return a 50inch TV by your own means, that just seems ludicrous to me. Any luck with your card company?

im gonna tell them they have to collect it, it's just mind blowing the stuff they ask.

no luck with the credit card yet, still waiting on the paper work to come through

pics look great gel, very nice indeed

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
TV still looking good gel 8)

Although the image on my laptop definately won't be doing justice to the pictures despite it being a pretty good laptop, I'm sure it looks much better in the flesh...which just gave me an idea...I will check out the pics using my TV browser as the image will be far more accurate.

Just glad you are happy with the TV mate and long may it continue...get a video up if you can though :grin:

Will do mate, cheers. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
Oldboy said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

im gonna tell them they have to collect it, it's just mind blowing the stuff they ask.

no luck with the credit card yet, still waiting on the paper work to come through

Cheers mate. :cheers:

Yep, getting them to collect it is best. Is this shop local or long distance to you?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
rocketrazor said:
Oldboy said:
rocketrazor said:
gel said:

Cheers mate. :cheers:

Yep, getting them to collect it is best. Is this shop local or long distance to you?

there a local shop maybe 10 - 15 mins by car.

got the credit stuff through, gonna have to clarify with them as they are requesting a technical report by carried out as its over a year old, but this particular set is only 4-5 months old, so I believe that means its the retailer to prove not me. I need to find out but they only open 9-6 mon to fri and its my wife's card so we both need to be home for security questions. That's gonna by Tuesday now.

sent email also asking shop to pick up unit or carry out test at mine where I can show them fault directly. It's wait and see again.

must say its a painful process esp when its so obvious it's faulty when you look at the right content.

im upset that panasonic frankly have decided that its with spec and are basically putting me through this

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts